“Excellent”

GreenLeadersBronze level
England
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Lovely Hotel, and the staff were very helpful, would definetely stay again. We booked through the Hotel Shop in Droitwich, and the deal was a real bargain. Had free tickets to Chatsworth which saved us £30 in entrance fees, even the weather stayed dry :)

Room Tip: simply ask for a quite room, on a high floor, perfect, peace & quite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Preppy9
, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed Chatsworth House and delighted that you felt you received such great value for money, I would also dearly love to take credit for the weather but sadly I cannot! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel is exactly what you would hope, exactly what it claims to be. it was very good value, everything worked, the food was at the good end of acceptable but certainly unmemorable, the wifi worked and the car park is huge. it is a little way out of Sheffield but Sheffield is a small town anyway so not an inconvenience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John L
, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you very much for the review. I am very pleased that you felt you received value for money and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Cannot say enough about what a great experience we had at the Aston. We booked a family room and for the first time ever space was a plenty ,rooms were modern ,clean and comfortable to compliment this the staff were friendly and made us feel so welcome. With two boys and a hockey team the breakfast was a must have to kickstart our day and this it did.....food service and quality superb.
All that is left to say is a big thank you to the ASTON FOR A FAB WEEKEND FROM THE UNDERWOODS AND THE HOCKEY TEAM And I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Emmagav
Thank you for the great review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the service. I hope that you won your games too!
Thanks again and I hope we will see you again soon.
shropshiore
Reviewed June 20, 2012

fantastic hotel ... good size rooms, great , friendly staff, fantastic food ! best hotel i've ever stayed in ! stayed for the weekend with our team of under 12's ice hockey players.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kazmoreland
Thanks for the excellent review! We aim to deliver consistently great service and it is hugely encouraging to see excellent feedback. On behalf of the team we hope to see you again soon.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2012

What an ace place. I Was booked into the hotel by my work place during a course i was on in sheffield. It was amazing. The rooms were big the bathrooms really nice and the restaurant made lovely food?
I cant comment on the price because i didnt pay but i cant fault anything about the hotel and i would stay again in a flash.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again in the not too distant future.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've stayed at the Aston Hotel in Darlington and was truly amazed when I stayed at the Aston Hotel Sheffield Rotherham.

When I arrived, the receptionist gave a warm welcome and was polite and friendly. She had explained everything I needed to know and reserved a table in the restaurant for the evening,

The rooms are very big and the bathroom (well shower room) was one of the biggest I've seen in the UK. The shower was powerful and was just the right temperature. I had all the facilities I needed in the room (free WiFi, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities). I found the bed very comfortable and got a good night's sleep.

The restaurant staff were friendly and polite. Despite being busy, my meal was served piping hot and was very yummy! I also enjoyed the Eton mess. The breakfast was of good quality. Tea and Coffee is served at your table, which I found to be quite nice.

The location of the hotel is in the middle of nowhere but there is a Morrison's about half a mile away. It is about 3 miles away from Meadowhall and near to Sheffield City Center. Despite being near Sheffield Parkway and the M1, I could hardly hear the cars and lorries driving past even with the window open. It is quiet and peaceful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the brilliant review! We make every effort to ensure that we offer exceptional value for money and exceptional service and we work very hard at maintaining the standards we set ourselves. It is very encouraging to read comments like yours as that is our aim.
Thanks again for the review and I hope we will see you again soon.
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed for a weekend with our junior hockey team, Staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, food superb and reasonably priced for a hotel of this quality, great choice of kids meal excellent value, rooms very comfortable and modern, the Aston would be our first choice every time

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted you liked so many aspects of your visit and I am delighted we were so accommodating! Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Ibis Rotherham East
Ibis Rotherham East
#2 of 15 in Rotherham
Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena

Been to Mercure Sheffield Parkway? Share your experiences!