“Great Location next to M1, Large Rooms”

Mercure Sheffield Parkway
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights, visting family in Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, Chesterfield. So made a great central base.

Nice clean hotel, large rooms, giant bed, quiet.

Had an issue with the 1st room, the drains were blocked, but they immediatly moved me to another room.

Free parking, Free Wifi (in room).

Did not have any meals, so cannot comment.

But would definately recommend for business and leisure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mojomiller
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Thank you very much for your review. It was great to read that our location suited you so well and that you liked our rooms. I am also pleased that where we did have a problem we remedied it immediately. I hope that if you stay again you get the chance to eat in our Brasserie, it is really rather good!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Sheffield Parkway

Reviewed May 1, 2011

excellent spacious bedrooms very clean good evining meal and great buffett breakfast good and efficiant staff deffintly would use again 10/10

• Stayed: April 2011
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Thank you very much for such a great review! I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to offer great value for money and keep improving our service and it is brilliant to see that it is showing! I hope that we will see you again soon.
Many Thanks

Reviewed April 4, 2011

We were a party of 7 having lunch on Mothers day. The staff were really friendly and efficient, the food was well prepared, enjoyable and well presented. Our elderly mother is very difficult to please when we take her out to eat but this is one of the very few places that she was very complimentary. We will certainly be going back there again and would recommend it to others. We did not stay overnight but from what we could see we would certainly consider this hotel if we should ever need to stay overnight in the area.
Whilst we did not stay overnight we have included a rating for rooms and sleep quality to avoid a low overall rating. Hope this makes sense!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2011

Thank you very much for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your Mother’s Day lunch with us. I also delighted that your Mum was happy with your choice of venue!
Thanks again and on behalf of the team thank you for choosing to have Mothers day with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

Not wanting to sound pretentious but I have stayed in many of the world’s top hotels including the Burj Al Arab, Beverly Hills Hotel and various hotels in Vegas, also I have been very disappointed with some of the hotels I have stayed in. I think for the price they charge the Hotel has everything you need;

• Spacious and light design.
• Quality staff with great attitudes.
• Nice bedrooms with a good spacious and efficient shower.
• TV and free internet access.
• Great breakfast again with great service.

I can honestly say that I could not fault this hotel and felt I should write to share my thoughts with you.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank david_bennison

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you had a relaxing visit. It is also very encouraging to read such positive feedback regarding so many aspects of our hotel. We work extremely hard to maintain our high standards by listening to our guests and learning from their experiences so it is great to be told that we did a good job.
Thanks again and on behalf of the team we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I've been staying at the Aston 1-2 nights a week on business over the last 12 months and I have to stay that this the hotel is superb.

Standard rooms come with an en-suite shower with a large shower cubicle. Showers are excellent. If you have an executive room, you get a very large bath - good enough for my large frame. The beds are very large and extremely comfortable; I've never had a bad nights sleep ever! All rooms come with a good size TV which can also be used as a computer monitor (you'll need to bring your own VGA/HDMI cables). There is plenty of furniture in each room to store clothes for a week long stay. Each room has a good desk for working late nights.

Evening Meal - The Aston change the menu on a regular basis so there is always plenty of variety. If you give the Chef some notice, they'll even do special requests; so anyone with food allergies - ring up before hand. Occasionally when the restaurant is busy there can be the odd delay in food, but overall - excellent.

Breakfast - Buffet style with a good selection of continental and typical English items (bacon, sausage, black pudding etc).

Staff - They are great. They are helpful and always greet with a smile and always make you feel welcome. On the rare occasions that there is a mistake, they are always quick to rectify the problem.

Management; Andrew is always visible to guests and takes the service the hotel offers extremely seriously. Any recommendations are usually quickly put into place allowing for a service that has continually improved.

Reception: Even at the busiest times of the day, the reception is always manned and extremely professional. Check-in is a pretty quick and painless process.

Bar area: There is a good size bar area with comfortable seats which are very good for pre/post dinner drinks.

Parking: The hotel has a large free car park so even at the busiest of times, parking is never a problem.

Wifi: The hotel has free wifi :) Occasionally this can be slow if other guests are using the hotels link excessively, but overall it does the job. Some rooms do have better wifi coverage than others.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you very much for such a good review. It is a pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you over the last year and I am delighted that you have been happy with our work.
My team have enjoyed reading your feedback and it’s brilliant to receive such a detailed and positive review!
We do indeed work very hard to try and ensure that we are better every day and the high standards come from listening and making every effort to make improvements.
Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again this week.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

To celebrate my husband's 65th birthday, I bought him a "Two Night Break" gift, only to discover most of the hotels on offer in the area we wanted had received bad reviews.

Although in a different area than we originally planned, we decided on the Aston simply because of the glowing reviews we read on tripadvisor.

What a wonderful decision - EVERYONE in the hotel couldn't do enough to make our stay a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived. We had a free upgrade and the bottle of wine I ordered for him was brought to our room upon arrival - and beautifully presented.

From the young lady on reception to the lady cleaning our room, we had the perfect service. The room was large, with everything you could wish for and the ensuite was a joy to behold. Personally I would give this hotel 5 stars as it is better than many of the 5 star hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am genuinely delighted that we were able to help make such an important occasion so memorable. We make every effort to ensure that we consistently deliver excellent service and it is hugely encouraging to receive feedback such as this.
Thank you again for taking the time to write the review and I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again on your next special occasion.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Staying in the hotel every week for several months, into the second week and so impressed I decided to write a review in-line. The staff are very friendly, hotel is really clean and the rooms to a very good standard. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and makes my stay in Sheffield a better one!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and that we are making your time in Sheffield enjoyable! It is a pleasure to have you stay in the hotel and on behalf of the team we look forward to providing you with continued excellent service over the coming months.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Hellaby Hall Hotel
Hellaby Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hellaby
Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North

Been to Mercure Sheffield Parkway? Share your experiences!