The Welcome Inn
  • Restaurant
Stonecroft Hotel(Rotherham)
Rockingham Arms(Rotherham)
View Hotel
All reviewsbowling alleysheffield arenaten minute driveextra teacontinental breakfastcar parkgreat value for moneyair concheap staygood sizeroom was cleanstandard hotellady on receptionsaturday nightan ideal locationthe pubtea and coffee making facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel was a bit grubby from the outside but the inside was clean and well worth £45 for the room. The staff were friendly and polite, the only downside was the cleaners slamming doors in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Our family stayed here first weekend in June one of my daughters was playing tennis in Sheffield for two days. We arrived on the Friday afternoon the room was same as a travel lodge spacious large kingsize bed and double sofa bed clean, flat screen tv and we used our laptop with the wifi. Our room overlooked the car park and there was no noise. We all visited the Oasis Leisure club the facilities are as good as any David Lloyd and the pool and jacuzzi steam area is particularly nice. We ate in the pub adjacent which does a 3.50 carvery. The Saturday night our girls used the voucher provided by the hotel for a meal and a ten pin bowling in the oasis complex my husband and I used the fish and chip shop opposite which was very good. There is a nearby co-operative shop were we bought supplies croissants and with the tea and coffee in the room managed to make our own breakfast each day we had an early start and the cafe in and oasis and the pub that does the carvery also do breakfasts -but not as early as we needed. All in all we enjoyed our stay found it an excellent base and vaiue and would stay again. We paid an advance rate of 78.00 for 2 nights in a family room - the travel lodge was 99.00 and had no oasis facilities to use would definitely stay here again if she plays a tournament in sheffield - it is about a 15 minute drive to the Groves Tennis centre.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wirraltraveller07
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night for £35, absolute bargain! We had tickets to see a comedian at Sheffield City Hall wanted somewhere cheap to stay. The Welcome Inn did not disappoint. On arrival we were greeted by two receptionist who were very nice and welcoming. We used the Oasis Leisure Club for free - used the gym - nice sized gym with all the standard equipment, then swam, using the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. The club was clean and we enjoyed an hour and a half using the facilities. Our hotel room was basic but clean - what more can you ask for at £35. Only minor thing to note was what looked like a bleach stain on the carpet and the room was quite cool on arrival. Overall pleasant stay with good value for money. Would recommend if you're looking for a cheap base to explore the area and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigSuze77
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I booked to stay here whilst working in the area after reading about the adjoining health club, pool & free wi-fi.
My greeting by the receptionist called Alex was by far the best thing about this place.
I had loads of work to do so tried to connect my laptop to the free wi-fi, which simply didn't happen.
I went back to reception & Alex explained to me that they were having a lot of trouble with BT, their broadband provider, & within five minutes a few more guests armed with laptops arrived in reception to see why they couldn't connect.
Alex was really helpful & offered me another room which was nearer their hub - but still nothing.
I had deadlines to meet so decided to pack my belongings up again & try find another hotel nearby that had working wi-fi.
Alex explained that she wasn't able to refund me but she would ask Tracey, her manager, to call me the next day to sort out my refund.
Tracey called & I explained my reason for moving hotel; she told me she would refund me but keep £35.00 to cover the first night - I explained that I hadn't stayed there overnight but she was insistent that they were keeping this amount.
I explained that the hotel was in breach of contract as the services offered were not available but this didn't work either.
I have since emailed them & again requested a refund, they didn't even have the courtesy to reply.
Tracey obviously doesn't care at all about customer service or I would have received a refund for the full amount.
Don't stay here or you may be their next victim - don't say you haven't been warned...

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonny-Northerner
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was looking for a hotel for me and my wife as we had tickets for sheffield arena. This Hotel is only about five mins away by car and is really value for money at only £45. The staff are really friendly and the rooms are really nice with a flat screen tv with sky, broadband, air conditioning ect. I found the rooms very clean and comfy. We also had free use of the gym next door which we didnt use but looked very nice with swimming pool saunas ect. Also just next door is a huge bowling ally with a bar and a food place. will be recommending to friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple