“Good value for money”
Review of The Welcome Inn

The Welcome Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night for £35, absolute bargain! We had tickets to see a comedian at Sheffield City Hall wanted somewhere cheap to stay. The Welcome Inn did not disappoint. On arrival we were greeted by two receptionist who were very nice and welcoming. We used the Oasis Leisure Club for free - used the gym - nice sized gym with all the standard equipment, then swam, using the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. The club was clean and we enjoyed an hour and a half using the facilities. Our hotel room was basic but clean - what more can you ask for at £35. Only minor thing to note was what looked like a bleach stain on the carpet and the room was quite cool on arrival. Overall pleasant stay with good value for money. Would recommend if you're looking for a cheap base to explore the area and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigSuze77

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I booked to stay here whilst working in the area after reading about the adjoining health club, pool & free wi-fi.
My greeting by the receptionist called Alex was by far the best thing about this place.
I had loads of work to do so tried to connect my laptop to the free wi-fi, which simply didn't happen.
I went back to reception & Alex explained to me that they were having a lot of trouble with BT, their broadband provider, & within five minutes a few more guests armed with laptops arrived in reception to see why they couldn't connect.
Alex was really helpful & offered me another room which was nearer their hub - but still nothing.
I had deadlines to meet so decided to pack my belongings up again & try find another hotel nearby that had working wi-fi.
Alex explained that she wasn't able to refund me but she would ask Tracey, her manager, to call me the next day to sort out my refund.
Tracey called & I explained my reason for moving hotel; she told me she would refund me but keep £35.00 to cover the first night - I explained that I hadn't stayed there overnight but she was insistent that they were keeping this amount.
I explained that the hotel was in breach of contract as the services offered were not available but this didn't work either.
I have since emailed them & again requested a refund, they didn't even have the courtesy to reply.
Tracey obviously doesn't care at all about customer service or I would have received a refund for the full amount.
Don't stay here or you may be their next victim - don't say you haven't been warned...

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonny-Northerner
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was looking for a hotel for me and my wife as we had tickets for sheffield arena. This Hotel is only about five mins away by car and is really value for money at only £45. The staff are really friendly and the rooms are really nice with a flat screen tv with sky, broadband, air conditioning ect. I found the rooms very clean and comfy. We also had free use of the gym next door which we didnt use but looked very nice with swimming pool saunas ect. Also just next door is a huge bowling ally with a bar and a food place. will be recommending to friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank matt4114
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at the welcome inn in May 2012 and i had to write to congatulate the hotel. From the minute we walked in the staff were really friendly and helpfull.The rooms were very clean and modern.you also get free use of the oasis healthclub next door which is huge.It has a beautifull pool steamroom and saunas and jacuzzi .There is also a 24 ten pin bowl with bars and a Wimpy.and amusement arcade, there was even discounts in there for hotel guests.All this for £45.00 total value for money.I wiil be telling everyone i know about it.

Room Tip: Room was spot on.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 931lee1964
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I had to write on here after my recent stay. After reading reviews on here, i was dreading arriving and seeing where i was staying. To my surprise i arrived to a lovely clean, modern room with excellent facilities. We had booked a concert at the sheffield arena and was only a 5 minutes taxi ride away. For £42 bed and breakfast for 2 people, this was fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hmiller99
Reviewed December 13, 2011

First of all the hotel is NOT situated near to the motorpoint arena which is the main reason why me and my partner booked to stay here. I can only descibe this hotel as a YMCA block of flats. The carpet in our room was filthy, the room was cold, the 'ensuite' was like the public tiolets in a supermarket and the towels were dirty. All night all we could here was shouting and banging of doors, which the receptionist didnt do anything about. I will never stay in this hotel ever again. Thats £42 we will never get back.

Room Tip: Dont book any room at all.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kath H
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Clean, basic, new. Reasonably price. Comfy beds. Very helpful friendly lady in reception who organised a taxi for us. We only needed basic so this hotel was perfect for us.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family