“Family visit”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hubby decided to treat us. I don't usually go for spicy food but thought why not try the new Kebabish place in town though I wimped out and went for the Chicken Malai Bhota. Loved it and the Lamb Tikka and Chicken Tikka that the others had went down well. I sampled daughter's Daal - just the job for a cool night. It was busy - so the service OK and the staff friendly plus the cost good value. Some sort of party group also in and seemed to be having a really good time without booze. Nice to have a bigger choice of good sit-down places in Rotherham so thank you Kebabish for coming to our town.

There are newer reviews for Kebabish Original

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is my first review on tripadvisor but the food was so nice I wanted to tell everyone about it! There are lots of tempting dishes on the menu and the open charcoal grill smells amazing and the food tastes even better. I particularly liked the traditional seating at the back of the restaurant where you have to remove your shoes to sit on the floor cushions in your own private booth. Very authentic and worth a try! It's nice to see the dishes on display in the front takeaway area so you know what you are getting too. I highly recommend the chargrilled lamb or chicken with a chappatti or naan bread as well as the lamb bhuna.
Overall, excellent place to eat and great to see in Rotherham Town Centre.

2  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've been a number of times now and all I can say that it is a great place! The food is tasty, the service is brilliant and you can guarantee quality. I will be taking more trips down. Excellent overall

1  Thank MrReview01
Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you like Asian food or are prepared to try it out for a first time, it's convenient to have a new good quality option for tasty lunch or evening eating in Rotherham. The restaurant could be more visible for people not 'in the know' but is well worth a visit. There's a wide ranging menu - with of course the speciality Kebabish flame grill dishes with the secret spicing recipes but also many curries and other dishes. I have been with groups to sample twice (mid-day and after work) and all of us were very happy with quality and value each time. In fact I don't often go for fish but really enjoyed a grilled fish 'starter' - definitely a compliment to the chef. Unfortunately each time I did not make it as far as dessert - I was comfortably full. If you want to take children, they are welcomed and the fact that the drinks options are soft drinks or coffee and tea is a bonus plus for adults an occasional meal out without alcohol makes you feel virtuous. Groups wanting something different for atmosphere might want to try one of the 3 tucked away booths where you sit on cushions at low tables. Rather novel! Certainly I will be going back and the fact that, as we plan to, my wife and I could eat there on the way home from our office work is brilliant.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you like good Asian style food, then give Kebabish Original in Rotherham a try. Just opened (February 2013 I think) we've ben twice already. Refurbished from a pub, but if you didn't know you couldn't tell. It has a very clean, bright, open spaced main room with 2 or 3 family type semi-private rooms. From the main room you can see the food being cooked at a large open flame grill.
Food is cooked to order, so if you "like it hot" just ask when ordering. Best dish so far is Palak Gosht; we will be going back.
Its not licensed though.