“Steak deal”

Ranked #62 of 317 Restaurants in Rotherham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ordered steak deal for lunch 2 steaks and a bottle of wine for £22.
Didnt expect to much and was not dissapointed.
My husbands steak was tough but he managed to chew it mine was full of gristle and other than what I put in my mouth and had to swallow it was not eaten.
When the waitress came and asked if we had enjoyed it I told her no and would not order again, my plate was still full of most of the meal, including the steak as I was no longer hungry.
She said I will tell my manager which she did and came back and said the manager would have a word with the butcher.
This may upset the butcher but it left me feeling a bit peed off

1  Thank Sandra H
There are newer reviews for The Droppingwell

Reviewed August 14, 2014

me my husband and 2 boys called in here for tea before we set off to Manchester airport ond the food was awful!1 kid had pizza and that was burnt,other had sausage and mash and that was burnt and ours was overcooked too,i wouldn't recommend the droppingwell to anyone

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I want to start by saying... I know the main menu is 2 for £10. But you still have a certain expectation- not for a miracle for £5 each- but for it to at least be well presented and tasty.

My partner and I went here last week and left dissapointed. For starters we both had 'Lincolnshire fishcakes' - which although there were 4 of so it was a big portion, were what is known here in Yorkshire as 'rissoles'. You know- the ones you can get at the supermarket 8 for a quid. They were most definitely nothing special at all. They would have been better doing a thai fishcake option and just giving you one- but allowing it to resemble fish somewhere in the mixture.

I had mousakka for my mains- which looked at first glance like it had been thrown in the dish from a great distance. I know- it is a rather 'sloppy' dish by nature. But if I am completely honest, it was in essence cottage pie mix with aubergine and cheese thrown on the top. It genuinely had no flavour at all except for the cheese. It was pretty dissapointing.

My other half had the chilli burger though- and it has to be said- he really enjoyed it and it did look nice and was a big portion. But as a personal experience the two courses I chose were such a let down.

Will be sticking with our regular haunts from now on I'm affraid.

1  Thank nsimo
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have been once before and really enjoyed the meal so went back with family. Enjoyed the meal and will return. The only hiccup was they did not listen to our order as 1 of our party is vegetarian and wanted a starter as a main meal. It was sorted very quickly and we all enjoyed ourselves. The price is very good and the meals are cooked to order and are hot.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Horrible microwaved food,served under cooked.ordered a chilli burger which came out pink in the middle, topped with chilli con carne that had dry popped kidney beans in,can only imagine that it had been zapped in the microwave oven.never again will I eat there

2  Thank Rob C