“A lovely family friendly pub”
Review of The Droppingwell

The Droppingwell
Ranked #55 of 328 Restaurants in Rotherham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had a lovely warm welcome, excellent service. Meals are very good value for the money, there's lots of choices, for every taste.. Will be returning with family and friends.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was taken to the Droppingwell Pub on Saturday, 26th October and I ordered the Chicken melt with cheese and a barbecue sauce. I had eaten some of my jacket potato (which was nice) and then took a bite out of my chicken. The chicken had been well and truly overcooked to the extent that it was so try and hard that any further forkful was impossible to eat. I cut a piece of my chicken to my wife who also said that the chicken was inedible. I waited till thee end of the meal and being disabled, I could not easily get up and go to the bar and complain. No waitresses came by during the meal to ask if the food was ok. I duly complained, initally, quietly to the waitress who collected the plates who then went and got the "team leader" . Having explained the situation to her, she said that as the meal had been eaten ( only half the jacket potato and a third of the chicken, all of the peas and most of the carrots were also left) she could not offer me my money back. I explained to her that I couldn't complain without first of all eating the product. She still refused, but offered a free dessert. This was reluctantly accepted. However, there must be a system where this pub should be able to refund a meal, which both the waitress and "team leader" agreed was no where near their usual standard. We have been to the Droppingwell in the past with other family members and if this is the way that they treat their customers, one being disabled, then I certainly will not be returning. All of the family considered that I was shabbily treated and will not be returning either.

The manager, was conveniently not available!

Judging by other patrons responses, I am not the only one!

Patrons, be warned before making a booking!!

1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Pleasant surroundings and a good pint of John Smiths , but the meals were very bland, I had a pork special and it all tasted of nothing, sausage , pork steak and gammon all very poor. If I had not put sauce on it, it would not have tasted at all, my wife said her salmon was overdone and our friends were also not happy with there meals. What do you expect at 2 for £10 was the attitude. I expect to taste something . Will not go again .,

2  Thank audiman13
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had eaten here the week before and recommended it to our friends so we were very disappointed to find that a few of the meals weren't up to standard. We complained about three of the Sunday dinners to the waitress, she asked us if we would like to speak to the manager, she later came back to say that the manager had spoken to the chef and the comment had gone into the complaints book!! and that she apologised. Not good enough !!The manager was keen enough to ask us if we had ordered because the table had been booked for later but unable to come and talk to us about the poor quality of the meals. Very poor quality of meals and appalling customer service

3  Thank Iameastburn
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

The surroundings and atmosphere are very inviting. The ordering process and the variety of the menu are second to none. It is always a pleasure to be served by the friendly staff. The quality of the meals leave most establishments standing and the waiting time for your meal is only a few minutes. The meal always arrives piping hot and with a warm smile. A big thank you to all the staff and cooks for a job well done!

1  Thank Ian_Chapman