“A big improvement ”

Ranked #16 of 318 Restaurants in Rotherham
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Manor Barn, is steeped in history, which adds to it's character and charm. Manor Barn really does have the wow factor, following a major refurbishment programme throughout, it has been completely transformed. You can dine in the attractive relaxing bar area or enjoy a more formal dining experience in the stunning conservatory. The upstairs function suite adorned with beautiful chandeliers provides the perfect setting for larger private parties and special entertainment evenings.
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a family meal for 7 at the manor barn tonight. After our last visit last year we said we wouldn't go back but after hearing it had new management we decided to give it another go.

Service was a little slow throughout the meal but all very friendly. The menu was 'different' as all the meals are named, it makes it a little difficult to follow and choose but their is a good selection. I guess it's a theme they are trying to create.

When the food arrived it was clear it was freshly cooked, which was a huge plus! We didn't have a bad meal and the chips were very good!

Overall pretty good, we would go back. The only improvement I'd like to see is the staff serving been a bit more switched on and the menu been clearer (possible even with the names).

1  Thank Jbob14

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Not been to Manor Barn for tea for ages, it was really fantastic, all the meals have show biz names, the home made chips are the best I've had, will be back - soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We went last night with my 11 year old son and met some friends. We're both local but me and my partner haven't been since Zoe and Chris left...oh dear what a total disappointment it was. When we arrived my friend said that there was only two items on the menu????? but they'd ordered drinks so we went in. All that was on the menu was steak or bbq which consisted of steak, sausage, chicken skewers (plural) king prawns (plural) both came with salad (should have said lettuce as no other salad items involved) potato salad (4 halved new potatoes...that was it!) and coleslaw. If any of us were veggies we'd have blown it! Where were the 2 for £10 they advertise Monday to Thursday??? I've never been anywhere and had steak with potato salad. My son doesn't like steak or potato salad, I didn't want potato salad with steak so when the waiter came we asked if we could have chips instead he said no because the fryers weren't working. We decided to finish out drink then go to the Green Dragon. The chef came over to us and said just this once we could have chips...suddenly the fryer was working!!! So we decided to order. We all ordered bbq...to then be told there was no sausage we could have extra chicken or king prawns or he could do us some chicken wings. Three of us ordered extra chicken and the other two ordered extra King prawns. The food came out...the plate was half filled with shredded lettuce (Apparently 'salad') one chicken skewer and one king prawn (although on board it said skewers and king prawns) a tiny portion of potato salad and coleslaw. The chef brought out a bowl with a few chicken wings, 2 bowls of chips and a plate with a couple of king prawns and half a chicken skewer (prawns and half a skewer was a replacement for having no sausage...this was between five of us!!!) Then he brought out a freebie...an onion ring each!!! To top it off we got charged for the chips which we thought we were having instead of the potato salad. It was terrible, over priced and will not be going again!

5  Thank Louise V
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

For those that remember the Manor Barn of old - great food- great atmosphere then you won't be dissapointed. Tony and Graham have returned the place to its former glory. The food is amazing. I've eaten three times in two weeks and each and every time the good has been fab. The service is fab too with the staff not being able to do enough. I recommend the Manor Barn to everyone.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Had a great meal as usual but had to travel To see a wonderfull couple and good friends. But we will return now we know where you are. The food and the Barn are first class with reasonable prices and friendly staff.