“Good food, great service”

The Brecks Beefeater
Ranked #33 of 330 Restaurants in Rotherham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I ate here whilst staying at the Premier Inn next door.
The service was excellent with staff being very friendly and efficient, my order was taken quickly and my drink arrived very promptly.
The food was good. My starter was pretty enjoyable, but the it was my main that made it worthwhile. I had ordered a steak cooked medium, and it was delivered spot on. The food was all hot and seemed pretty well prepared.
The breakfast service next day was also good, with staff again being courteous and efficient.
Overall a good experience and a restaurant I would be happy to use again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This pub is local to my family and we have always avoided going over the years as the food has always been average at best, however following a family event we decided to go for a bar meal last Thursday evening as we had heard from friends that the meals had improved recently.
We arrived at 6pm, the pub was very quiet.
The only table big enough to seat 5 adults was covered with dirty glasses and newspapers, which we moved ourselves. Despite there being 4 members of staff behind the bar doing nothing, they preferred talking to each other than acknowledging our waiting at the bar to order drinks.

When we eventually managed to order food we ordered a bread platter to share - it wasn't as described. Basically 2 thin soft, flabby flavourless bridge rolls (meant to be Italian style sticks) and 2 slices of bread covered in orange goo that was meant to be cheese - not nice and pricey for what it was at £3.99.
A sharing plate of nacho's - soso.
2 portions of potato skins with bacon and cheese - over cooked and very dry.

Mains - there were five of us and we ordered a variety of steaks, chicken skewers and burgers. All came with 'bottomless' chips and a 'wedge of iceberg with blue cheese dressing'. Steaks were rather gristly, the chicken kebab extremely dry, the burger tasteless and overcooked. The iceberg wedes had obviously been cut a very long time as they were all brown along the cut edges.
We had been told when we ordered our food that a waitress would come along and ask if we needed our 'bottomless' chip bowls refilled a few minutes after being served our meals. This was just a joke. Our starter plates weren't even cleared away after our main courses had been delivered to our table. We had to stack the plates up to one side, no-one ever came near for us to ask them to remove the dirty plates, never mind request extra chips. When we did manage to say something to a staff member in a suit, she said she worked in the hotel not restaurant and it was nothing to do with her! So much for customer service.
Needless to say we didn't order dessert and we won't be returning.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited with friends on New Year's eve.

Whilst the restaurant was busy they made a table available for the kids in our party to eat. The food was very good and the service was excellent - clean plates all round.

The staff were very friendly throughout.

We would recommend.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I visit quite frequently and always enjoy ourselves. The food is not fancy but is always good and arrives quickly. The atmosphere is good and the staff very friendly. If you want a good meal without frills then The Brecks is excellent.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family visited The Brecks recently the food was ok nothing special, the prices were ok but I just think for a prominent established hotel with a travel lodge attached they should be aiming higher?
The service wasn't very good, you were meant to feel like a hindrance not a valued customer ?
There are better choices in the area currently so think twice?

1  Thank phonicsfella17