“Bollywood style down by the canal!”
Review of Cafeflair

Cafeflair
Ranked #177 of 311 Restaurants in Rotherham
Cuisines: Indian
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Bollywood style down by the canal!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Well well like I said quite a while ago we were going to try the bollywood evening at cafe flair and what a fantastic surprise!
Every first friday of each month theres a bollywood night 5 course meal of traditional indian cuisine.We arrived at 7pm bringing with us wine and beer as you bring your own, greeted by a member of staff dressed in traditional bollywood style and shown to our table the cafe was dressed to impress with lights galour and drapes and butterflies everywhere a most pleasant surprise indeed.
I had purchased the tickets for £14.95 from the cafe a week before and they explained how it worked with the drinks etc etc.
the music on arrival was some kind of bollywood classics which compemented the decor all the tables were dressed all be it with paper table cloths and wine glasses with paper napkins, The place was buzzing by 7.30 pm with all the tables full to capacity I guess maybe 70/80 people without counting.
pakoras samosa served with mango chutney raita an hot and spicy sauces for starters crispy and full of flavour fantastic start.
The dancers came on and did a 10 min slot while mains was being prepared looking cool in there traditional dress with up beat bollywood music to dance to they were a true delight.
main course consisted of a chicken and potato curry packed full of flavour yet not hot at all with basmati rice naan and a veg curry the portions were far too big me and my partner struggled believe you me and we love our food.
Dancers entertained after our food however I would have preffered them to dance throughout the meal but you cant have everything can you!!
You have a choice of sweet either pineapple pudding or rice pudding or if you are lucky the luchiouse cheesecake.
I had the cheese cake and wow! the busquit base was moist and bursting with flavour and the cheesecake was set perfect with fresh strawberrys and a sweet vanilla flavor with a rasberry coulis yum yum.
We drank our wine haad fun ate great food and the staff worked hard think the presentation could have been a little better and the portions were huge man size so all in all a good night, Glad we tried it and im sure we will be back for more thanks cafe flair we gonna try lunch soon.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Twistedhero

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“"The tranquility and excellence of a cafe with flair a true find"”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Browsing through my recent groupon offers I came across an offer for afternoon tea for 2 at cafe flair on rawmarsh road on the fitzwilliam canal bank.
Afternoon tea for 2 for £8 an absolute bargain!
I telephoned the cafe for directions and was greeted with a very pleasant young man called Daniel who turned out to be the cafe manager a well spoken and polite young man who took down all my details and different codes required from the groupon voucher,Great start!
I booked in for the monday with my great granny she is 98 and loves afternoon tea and is a criticle granny who treasures her scones.
2.30 pm arrived and we were running a little late so I telephoned again to say we were running late and again we were greeted with a young woman who said dont worry about it get here when you can,So we arrived at the homeflair village at around 3pm where the cafe is situated.
The place was buzzing with people looking in the garden centre and I pushed my granny up to the cafe where the double doors were opened as to allow access, so great start for the disabled,Anyway back to the cafe,A light and airy place with around 20 or so tables and a couple of comfortable sofas,The atmosphere was buzzing with people eating there panninis and sandwiches we were seated near the window looking out onto the canal,As it was a little cool to go outside on the seated decked area.
We were greeted by the young woman who took the phone call earlier and she introduced herself as olivia,We were offered a choice of sandwiches with different fillings or a mix which we opted for and I went for the latte and granny went for the tea .The chef who was dressed in very clean and smart black whites prepared our afternoon tea.
10 mins later the afternoon tea arrived on an original afternoon tea stand decorated with doilies and to the top fresh home made scones, cherry for me and, fruit for granny then a selection of small home made cakes then a selection of egg mayo on brown chicken on white and tuna and cucumber on brown mmm yum yum.
The bread was soft and fresh and the ingredients seasoned to perfection the cakes were lovely and moist and what can I say about the scones?? "FANTASTIC" Sweet moist on the iside and golden brown to the outside mmm my granny loved them.
The views were pleasant with mallards, terns, and swans and I mean lots of swans moving gracefully along the back of the cafe where children were feeding swans with the owner Mr Khan who came over and said hello and asked if everything was ok with our afternoon, I complimented him on his cafe a true delight I said,I was then offered a 25% discount voucher for a theme night,so me and the wife are going to try it, A 5 couse meal for £9.95 sounds too good to be true anyhow I will keep you informed.
Keep up the good work cafeflair and my granny says thankyou.

• Visited April 2012