“Tales of the Unexpected”

The Garden Room Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 309 Restaurants in Rotherham
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield
“Tales of the Unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have lived within two miles of this so called cafe for two years now and tried it out on Sunday on the off chance. What on earth have we been thinking for the last two years and can we really now justify going along every day.

This is , by any standard , an exceptional experience. A gorgeous location with loads of parking and staff that go out of their way with politeness and service. I had the fish finger sandwich with home made chips topped off with carrot cake and ice cream. The home made fish fingers are an absolute treat. A terrific menu. Great family experience - slightly pricey but who gives a fig when you get such an amazing dining experience. You have to give this place a try - it's a gem.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank MorningstarTS

Nottinghamshire
“Quirky little spot ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Called in quite late in the afternoon not much time too have a full meal but treated my self too a hot choclate and one of the homemade caramel slices. This is a nice and quirky place and will be calling back too try some of there other delights in the nr future a tad expensive but that said still worth another visit

Livingston, UK
“Afternoon delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Brought 2 "crumblies" as they call themselves (ladies of a certain age) today for coffee and cakes. Was lovely all round, busy with the post lunch rush but the girls were helpful and the cakes were delightful. Will return!

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“I can see this being a regular haunt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Impromptu quick drink after a walk with the dog from the next village along.....turned into a leisurely lunch and glass of rose in the gorgeous garden on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
I've passed on numerous occasions but never had the opportunity to visit. Having seen the breakfast menu, delightful looking deserts and having sampled the gorgeous salads and home made chips, I'm sure there'll be another opportunity to visit through the summer!
Our dog was most welcomed in the garden and numerous cyclists, well-dressed couples, bikers and families ate in the garden and inside the lovely comfortable yet quaint looking restaurant.
I would therefore recommend for all, whether you're in your walking boots or Sunday finery :-).
Lovely friendly yet professional service. Prices as I would expect for independent eatery with fresh ingredients, cooked to order. With an alcoholic drink each and salads with chips, our bill came to around 28 pound.
If you drop by just for a coffee, I'd bet you just have to sample a cake or portion of chips as well, be warned!!

3 Thank SallyB1978
lincs UK
“Pleasant place, although the lunch menu is a bit limited”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I am not from this immediate area & following the reviews on TP, I thought that this would be a good choice to take a guest for lunch. Appreciated were the good parking behind the restaurant, pleasant staff and the actual restaurant setting

I did find the lunch time menu somewhat limited, salads & (substantial) sandwichs seemed to be the order of day for most guests. The lunch menu of the day of four dishes was, a burger (I admit I don't eat bugers per se), fish cakes with chips & peas (had this the previous night!), the ubiquitous pasta & another salad! In the end I chose a chicken ceasar salad, I must admit that I would have preferred less chicken & a bit more salad on the plate.

For a drink I had a pot of green tea - three good cups - great

• Visited May 2014