“A great place”

The Garden Room Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 309 Restaurants in Rotherham
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

It is so refreshing to visit somewhere that is a bit different. The Garden Room seems to attract a broad cross section of clientele and a good number of regulars. Service is friendly and helpful, the menu is a good mix of contemporary and traditional, well presented and tasty. A gem of a place

• Visited October 2013

Solihull, England, United Kingdom
“Great lunch stop near M18”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

On our way to North Yorkshire Dales from the Midlands I looked on Trip Advisor for a good lunch stop. I found good reviews for the Garden Room. Having had a fabulous lunch with very friendly service I can now join in agreeing with those excellent reviews. When travelling North again we will defiantly use this as a stopover again. We rang ahead and booked as there were 6 of us which turned out to be a good idea.

• Visited October 2013
Doncaster
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Leisurely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

If visiting with friends, partner, or with the kids, you will not fail to be impressed. One of my favourite places to eat, or just for a leisurely coffee, with the difficult to resist home made cakes a must. The staff are always friendly and welcoming, and the food excellent. Some reviews on here mention price, you get what you pay for, and i have no complaints at all. Thoroughly recommended !

• Visited September 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Another fab meal at The Garden Room!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Another fab meal at The Garden Room in Braithwell, this time with my parents who aren't local to the area. We were hoping they would be impressed with decor and food. It was a winner!

We were seated straight away and our waitress was lovely. It was quite busy so there was a short wait to get menus, and another delay on the drinks arriving, but the waitress was apologetic and as we weren't in a rush we didn't mind.

I ordered the homemade fish finger sandwich from the specials board which came with chips, and was around £8. The portion of chips was huge and the sandwich itself was stuffed full of homemade fish fingers made from really good quality white fish. The rest of our party tried the burger from the specials board (x2) and the chicken caeser salad which all got a big thumbs up.

We also took a couple of pieces of cake home with us. I had the butterscotch cake which was a little heavy on icing for my liking but very tasty. Perhaps it would have been better to share it as it was quite rich. My boyfriend went for the lemon meringue pie which we tried on our last visit which was excellent.

The prices may seem high but you get what you pay for. Lovely surroundings, friendly service and good quality, homemade food. Plus you're supporting a local business!

We will be back :)

• Visited September 2013
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“The best home cooked food in South Yorkshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I can't believe the last review - please do not let this put you off going to the best little restaurant in south Yorkshire. The food is top quality and I would definitely recommend a visit to anyone who is passing through Braithwell - you will not be disappointed.

We have just returned from 3 weeks in Cornwall and the homemade cakes at Braithwell are far superior to the cream teas down there.

The Friday night pizza evening is also a great hit as the pizzas are cooked on an open fired pizza oven set in the outside courtyard.

I don't usually write reviews but felt compelled to put something out about this wonderful place.

I will deinately return very soon.

• Visited August 2013