“Lovely”

Ranked #13 of 328 Restaurants in Rotherham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Live locally and so good to have a place to go for lunch when it's your day off. We have only been twice but love it, love it,love it, but I am a snob really and love a stylish, contemporary place to eat, with good food, polite, friendly staff. Will be back.when the weather is nice it's lovely to sit outside

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I discovered this wonderful restaurant very recently and I would recommend it to everyone. The staff are friendly and always greet you with a smile; the food is fantastic; and the atmosphere is great!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

A great place to eat and one we are so lucky to have on our doorstep. Lovely cakes and coffee. Plenty of hot meals available, and very attentative staff. The decor is a little modern for my taste but that doesn't detract from what is a great experience.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My favourite cafe in the Rotherham area! The portobello mushroom sandwich is to die for! Lovely cafe, lovely food and fantastic service.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I visited The Garden Room for the first time yesterday (my boyfriend has been before) and it is the perfect spot for lunch, or a cup of tea and cake. We will be back many times I'm sure!

We were seated straight away and all of the staff we encountered were friendly, enthusiastic and service was quick.

The decor is my ideal kind.. shabby chic, mismatched furniture, floral wallpaper, cakes everywhere! What's not to love?!

As a vegetarian I'm often given the choice of one or two items from the menu but I was happy at the sandwich options of which there were many veggie ones. There wasn't anything on the specials board that was vegetarian though, so after a few visits I may have to re-eat things (not complaining though!)

I opted for the mushroom, pesto, mozzarella and pine nut melted sandwich on rustic bread. My boyfriend opted for the deli sandwich from the specials board. We shared a pot of tea and a portion of chips. No complaints at all on the food!

We were too full to manage any pudding there and then so we took some home. It was boxed up for us and the slices were huge. We got the carrot cake and the lemon meringue pie (there was a HUGE selection to choose from) and we enjoyed both. The lemon meringue pie is one of the best I've ever had.

See you again soon!