“Family Birthday”

Ranked #108 of 414 Restaurants in Rotherham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fantastic service. Went with 10 of us for a birthday meal. Really enjoyed our visit & the staff where very helpful

The chicken pie was delicious

Date of visit: August 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Rockingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Jasminewalkerrrr, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at our pub If you ever need anything else from the team, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

Write a reviewReviews (244)

Reviewed September 13, 2019

Don’t bother. Perfect location. Nice pub. SAN Miguel flat. Peroni flat. Could not be bothered to clean pipes. Couodnot be bothered to change barrel

Had scampi and chips. Horrid. Peas tasteless bullets. Frozen yuck chips and scampi

Landlord not bothered. What a shame

Left it all

Yuck. Don’t bother

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Andrea N
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Rockingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Andrea N, your feedback is extremely disappointing, and I'd really like to speak to you to discuss it further. Please can you get in touch when you have a spare moment 01226 742075

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

First visit....great welcome in a real pub from the mid 1700’s. Atmospheric, great cask ales (old peculiar was superb). Food was brilliant too, good service and large car park. Might stay here one day.

Date of visit: September 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Rockingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

P4579fvkeithr, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at our pub Thank you again for the great review!

Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

I called in with my daughter just before 5 so she could have her tea after finishing her shift at a local employer as I thought this would be a lot better than McDonald's we had the week before. How wrong was I. To start with I ordered the meals and i wanted a tap water which apparently has been unavailable for at least 2 days but funnily enough the soft drinks n cordial dispenser that work's with water still worked and obviously the glass washer did. U can buy one sir from the fridge!
Anyway I ate here numerous times over the years but today's was to say the least possibly the last the pub wasn't busy so you'd expect a pretty good quality meal but I'd have been served a better meal if the food was sourced from farm foods and I'm talking breaded chicken fillet at this moment. My daughter had sausage n mash that I left me feel that we'd have got better quality at McDonald's! When I asked if they had salt n vinegar I got it's over there. Do service is 1/10 and quality 2/10. I never thought the Rock would end up this shabby ! Sorry guys you've fell a long way

2  Thank bilmiester
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Rockingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2019

Bilmiester, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please get in touch with us at 01226 742075 and ask for the manager. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

I visited the Rockingham Arms on the evening of 23 August 2019. I usually enjoy visiting and am a regular but I was particularly disappointed on this occasion. As the weather was nice, the pub was busy but there did not seem to be many staff working. I had to wait a long time at the bar to order food - bar staff were slow and more focussed on chatting. I eventually placed my order and once I had done so was told there was around half an hour wait for food. I pointed out they could have told me that before I had ordered. When my food came, I was disappointed. Portion size was small and presentation was bland. The bacon in my burger was fatty.

I was also put off by a group of people ‘vaping’ (I, amongst others, were sat outside in the garden eating). Whilst it wasn’t smoking in the conventional way, having plumes of vapour clouds drifting around you whilst eating was not pleasant.

So all in all, I left feeling disappointed.

1  Thank Ice_cool_dude
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Rockingham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we did. Have a great day! Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this feedback about your recent visit. Take care!