Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33
$65
HIExpress.com
$70
$68
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Restaurant
Consort Hotel(Rotherham)
$37
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdual carriagewayswimming poolexecutive roomchristmas party nightleisure facilitiesleisure clubgood sizebreakfast staffbuffet stylesauna and steam roomwould stay againplenty of parkingbar areameadowhall shopping centreone night stayvery pleasant stayhot food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me with something, online it says the price for the room was a total of £39, which I thought was decent for a one night stay for two, but everywhere I look l people are saying I pay the £39 for the room, plus a £40 non refundable deposit, is this true?

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Nathan P,

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your inquiry so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back in the area.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a conveniently located, perfectly adequate hotel situated just off the M1; the rooms are clean and well equipped for the price, it has a large, comfortable bar and restaurant with presentable food. This sort of hotel serves as a good reminder of what great progress provincial English hotels have made in the past twenty years in terms of quality.

The hotel fronts onto a fairly unattractive road lined with industrial units but there are woods to the rear which would be worth walking in summer. If you come from the M1, you will drive past the hotel on the right, then come back up the road via a roundabout half a mile down to access it.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face onto the rear of the hotel and reduce traffic noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found all aspects of the hotel to be more than satisfactory. I trust we will see you again the next time you are visiting the area.

Regards

Richard Todd

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I rarely stay at holiday inns due to some poor experiences previously and as soon as I arrived I was disappointed. As a regular business traveller I like to experience the local community but here you are trapped - Nothing in walking distance (I know I should of done research but 6 of us staying so was persuaded by others). Had to queue at check-in at 3.45 and £13 for Wifi (unbelievable) so cannot even enjoy an evening of surfing or working without costing an arm and a leg. Never EVER again - sorry Mr Holiday Inn manager, I know its not your personal fault.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Terry S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the surrounding area of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel is busy, most staff are very friendly but has it's moments when it comes to service, I don't want to do it an in justice, it is clean and generally friendly but have been in many and Holiday Inn Express with better service. I guess it has room to improve, let's see that happen.

I will say it is well located on the M1 and has many events going on, with good deals if you talk to management. Plenty of free parking and a gym that will suit your needs. 5 mins from Rotherham industry and 15 mins from Sheffield industry, so very well located.

All this being said, I will always push this IHG group to be better, that's why I write these reviews on my stays, as I know what business and holidaying people need/deserve for their money.

Let's be productive in our comments Trippies. !!!!!!!MM

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always striving to improve the hotel and services that we offer and your constructive feedback will only help us to do that. Once again many thanks and we look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.

Regards

Richard Todd

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I had a terrible stay here a few years back, was the worst HI I have ever stayed in.
However, this stay was much better, staff were pleasant, food was good and the beds were of the quality to be expected in a HI, overall much improved, clearly have been some management changes with good results

Room Tip: Always go for an exec room in HI as you get a safe and usually a quieter part of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Essexworldtraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are glad you returned to find a more pleasant experience. We were also truly pleased to see the high scores for Rooms, Service, and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident they will continue to make the necessary efforts to achieve complete satisfaction for all guests.

Adrian D