“you need a revamp”

Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed September 25, 2011

just stayed for one night for a family wedding.food was not to bad,room ok but does need sprucing up a bit.service was good.spend some money on the hotel and this will be a great place to stay.breakfast was ok except for one waitress that kicked the chair i was sat on everytime she walked past me.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 7, 2011

we have stayed at the Holiday Inn for 2 nights. We stayed at Room 112 - which is actually a conference room - thus the size of the room is much bigger than average.

The hotel is OK, but overall it could do with a refurbishment. There was a a tiny bit of mould around the bath, the skirting boards were dented, there are missing tiles on the swimming pool, the heating system in the gentlemen's changing room was not working which made it freezing cold. Little things that are rather trivial, but as they say it is the first impression that counts.

In the other hand, the staff was friendly, the food was good, the room was very comfortable and the swimming pool if of a good size, with a shallow children's pool attached to the main pool where my 4 year-old could stand on his feet.The water temperature was lovely.

All in all, our stay was good and we really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed here for free. Not paid for by someone else, not paid for by my place of work, just free. So, my expectations were, it's free, so it's worth a try.

The girl who works on the pool/gym area was very friendly. No issues with the service in general. Food was good - it was all free!

My only negative feedback would be that the facilities are in dire need of a makeover. The ladies changing rooms are shabby - probably the worse I've ever visited. And the hotel rooms need a bit of modernisation.

However - it was free! A nice simple night away. Not sure I'd pay to stay though.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janine11982
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed here recently on business, I am a great fan of Holiday Inns but was disappointed by this one. It is tired and in need of some loving care.
I was unfortunate enough to have a room facing out to the front of the hotel, towards the nearby dual carriageway. Unfortunately the windows didn't shut properly and the noise was horrendous, so loud that I could hardly hear the TV. Being a good boy scout, I always carry earplugs with me but I could hear the traffic through these during the night. If you are a heavy sleeper - fine, for me - awful.
The positive side was that the staff were very friendly, when I reported the ill fitting window to the maintenance man in the morning he was most apologetic and said he would deal with it.
Whilst I will continue to support Holiday Inn & Holiday Inn Express', I won't be going back to this one.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dorsetboy57
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed at the Hotel in July to attend a conference. The Hotel is as expected of a Holiday Inn, but stood out due to great service and excellent conference snacks and lunch. The staff were warm and friendly and the barman really new his stuff even offered me cucumber for my Hendricks, lovely. Unfortunately I did not have time to use the leisure facilities so I can't comment on those, but the pool looked inviting.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Lots of work needed to bring this up to standard. Carpets and doors all worn and shabby. Grubby bolted to the wall soap containers in bathroom. Two threadbare towels. And they charge a staggering £15 per night if you want to use the internet - this on top of a £95 per night for a single room. Shan't use again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank UKTripper2007
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Rotherham and was very shocked by what service i received. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left I felt that the staff could not any more .I had a great meal in the resturant, followed by a good nights sleep and an grate breakfast in the morning which set me up for my days work. I would come back again if in area.

• Stayed: July 2011