“This old lady needs a makeover”

Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed here recently on business, I am a great fan of Holiday Inns but was disappointed by this one. It is tired and in need of some loving care.
I was unfortunate enough to have a room facing out to the front of the hotel, towards the nearby dual carriageway. Unfortunately the windows didn't shut properly and the noise was horrendous, so loud that I could hardly hear the TV. Being a good boy scout, I always carry earplugs with me but I could hear the traffic through these during the night. If you are a heavy sleeper - fine, for me - awful.
The positive side was that the staff were very friendly, when I reported the ill fitting window to the maintenance man in the morning he was most apologetic and said he would deal with it.
Whilst I will continue to support Holiday Inn & Holiday Inn Express', I won't be going back to this one.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dorsetboy57
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed at the Hotel in July to attend a conference. The Hotel is as expected of a Holiday Inn, but stood out due to great service and excellent conference snacks and lunch. The staff were warm and friendly and the barman really new his stuff even offered me cucumber for my Hendricks, lovely. Unfortunately I did not have time to use the leisure facilities so I can't comment on those, but the pool looked inviting.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Lots of work needed to bring this up to standard. Carpets and doors all worn and shabby. Grubby bolted to the wall soap containers in bathroom. Two threadbare towels. And they charge a staggering £15 per night if you want to use the internet - this on top of a £95 per night for a single room. Shan't use again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank UKTripper2007
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Rotherham and was very shocked by what service i received. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left I felt that the staff could not any more .I had a great meal in the resturant, followed by a good nights sleep and an grate breakfast in the morning which set me up for my days work. I would come back again if in area.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed just the one night.
I received a genuine real warm welcome (thank you Leanne) and was pleased to be upgraded to an executive room.
The room was massive with 2 double beds and well laid out. It was clean and very comfortable.I had a lovely sleep and was refreshed for the next days work.
I ate dinner in the restuarant and the food was very good. My colleague was so impressed he asked for seconds!
Breakfast was half self sevice, half ordered. This worked well, and good quality and set me up for the day.( I would recommend the hotel switch to using Yorkshire Teabags though!)
Car parking was easy and plentiful and not charged for.
The bar is in the lobby area and not too exciting but ok for a drink or two.
Location is just of the motorway and an ideal resting place if needed.
Check out was a breeze, taking less than a minute with a very friendly and competent member of staff. I felt the have a good wish when I left was really meant and every smile was genuine. Well Done.
I would not hesitate to return as everything suited me fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank johnniepk
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My daughter got married at Holiday inn and I would definately recommend it. Food, rooms, facilities, organisation all excellent.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank michelle-S64
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel a few times now and have never had any issues but this time it was even better than before. The restaurant has been refurbished as have some other areas of the hotel and the food in the restaurant was amazing as was the service.

We again enjoyed the leisure facilities and we have always found the staff really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011