“Staff are accommodating”

- Mcdonald's nearby
- Pretty good sound insulation
- Accommodating staff
Negatives:
- Poor bathroom design such that the rest of the bathroom floor easily gets wet

1st room I got smelt really bad but staff was extremely apologetic and were quick to offer antoher room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
IbisRotherham, General Manager at Ibis Rotherham East, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Many Thanks for your comments. we appreciate all feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will look into the points raised and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kay Buttery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Actual hotel just a budget hotel and for £27 per night it's cheap. However, it still needs to be clean at least. Mold in bedroom/bathrooms, funny smells in corridors and showers and our sink stuck of sewerage. Not good one bit. Breakfast was £7.50 and according to the adverts in the room it included coffee, tea, hot choc etc. When I got down to the breakfast it turned out drinks were another £2.10 extra! That was poor I thought. All in all, we won't be staying again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry that you were dissapointed by your experience at Ibis Rotherham. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into this matter, but feel free to contact me in the meantime if you want to discuss this further on h3163-gm@accor.com or 01709730333. With regards to the hot drinks at breakfast, they are included in the price for breakfast and only charged outside of breakfast times. I do apologise for any misunderstanding there.

Kind Regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Mattress too soft and odd!!!! cant quite desribe it to be honest. Problems with shower, reported it then went out for the day. Put my mobile on after returning to room to find a message from Davina at reception asking me to phone. Went to reception , girl I spoke to could only assume it was about the shower as nothing had been written in book. Back to room to discover toilet had filled up with water after flushing & would not drain away. Rang reception spoke to same girl, I asked if she could provide me with a toilet brush,which she brought up. (as a cleaner I regularly unblock toilets without the neccessity of calling out a plumber ) problem solved in 30 seconds. 5 minutes later they rang us offering us complimentary breakfast as by way of an apology for all the inconvenience we had experinced said ok as long as my son, who was their with us in a diffferent room, was included in the offer. They said ok. Wish we had done the same as other trip Advisor reviewer had done & gone to Morrisons.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for your feedback and i'm sorry that you were dissapointed on this occasion. I will look into things and hope to welcome you back to ibis Rotherham in the future.

Sussex UK
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is the third time we have stayed here and up until now we have been very disappointed with the cleanliness and general tattiness of the rooms but assumed it was because having a pet meant we were not going to get any thing better.
However, this time we were pleasantly surprised and could not fault the room, given the price. The breakfast was pretty good as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for posting your comments. we appreciate all feedback (good and bad) I am sorry that you have been dissapointed in the past and hope to welcome you back to our establishment very soon.

Radstock, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed for 2 nights and used this hotel at a reduced package rate including breakfast. I wish I had not included the breakfast and gone across the road to Morrison's as the quality of the food provided was of a very poor standard. It was placed in tureens that were not very warm and the scrambled egg looked and tasted like rubber.
This is a budget hotel and is okay for a stop over, but do not eat there.
If you like a room with a bath, then do not stay here as all rooms only have showers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, I am sorry that you was disapointed with your stay. We appreciate all feedback and take all comments very seriously. Action has been taken to hopefully prevent future occurence. I hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Rotherham in the near future.