“2 night stay and will return.”

Fitzwilliam Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Rotherham B&B and Inns
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“2 night stay and will return.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights when visiting family in the Rotherham area. We found the receptionist very helpful and friendly, she showed us to our room(number 15) which was located in a quiet part of the building. The pub downstairs was very busy and noisy so this was a relief. The room was nice and clean (I am fussy when it comes to cleanliness). The bed had to be the most comfortable bed in the world. The tv worked fine, the room was warm but for those who have said it was too warm there is a thermostat on the heater and even an off/off switch next to it on the wall (how did you miss that hmmm?) Tea/coffee and kettle was provided in the room and the breakfast was lovely and good value. For £5.95 you get cereal,toast,full english with tea/coffee/juice. I have no complaints about this hotel and will definatley use it again next time we visit Rotherham.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at the Fitzwilliam for the last four weeks, I up graded my room to a double with no extra costs involved. The staff have been helpfull, courteous, friendly and they have made me feel part of the family as I have been away from home for a month. I would recommend it to anyone what a great visit and thanks to all the staff from the housekeepers, bar staff to the manager for looking after me..
Hope you all have a great 2014

2 Thank Andystdogmaels
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when going to a party nearby. Overall it was a very positive experience,the staff welcoming and friendly accompanying us in booking a taxi,rooms were clean and spacious we also saw our friends room which was just as good but the rooms are a little on the hot side. Bar area is good and chip butties good which we had.Overall would recommend !!

Stayed December 2013
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

recently invited to a wedding reception at the Fitzwilliam in the function suite really enjoyed it. Everybody enjoyed catering / food was excellent table layout was comfortable and clean with own bar in corner of room price of drink for a function was good value, Disco after meal kept everybody entertained and on their feet and there is plenty of parking for those who stayed the night and those who got a taxi home.
Not the first time we have been to this venue and once again enjoyed it got a taxi home and picked car up following afternoon

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am staying in the Fitzwilliam for 3 weeks!! This is my 5th night.. I have found the staff very helpfull, my evening meals have been tasty and nice and hot.. My room is a single which has all you need for basic needs, it's clean and fresh towels each day, the beer is good and bar staff are well presented and chatty.. The hotel is located at the edge of a retail park with most of high end stores to shop in.. There is a Chinese resteraunt over the road + there is a Indian resteraunt within walking distance.. For £35 a night for a single room it's a bargin and I can't fault it!!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Having visited the Fitzwilliam several times over in the past 6 months for various reasons (wedding, parties, hotel stay & general nights out) I have had more than one chance to see how the place runs & I have to say in my own personal opinion I think some of the reviews that have been left are rather harsh & unfair. My main reason for feeling this way is that the Fitzwilliam has in recent months undergone many changes & has a lot of new staff, these changes & people need a certain amount of time to settle in & learn the routine. Nearly everyone I have met has been polite, pleasant & helpful. When I've asked questions I've either been given a direct response or they've gone to find someone who can give me an answer. (If you don't ask you don't know & if people aren't made aware how can they solve a problem) The rooms have been clean, tidy & are a good size & price. When my tv wouldn't work it was fixed in decent time & when I asked for extra pillows I got them. I would like to point out that when functions are going on it can be heard in most of the pub & hotel rooms but what else do people expect, I asked a member of staff if the DJ could turn it down a little & he did, can't really ask for more to me. Decent breakfast & all other food I have eaten there has been of good quality. Their Carvery is very good too. However for all the good I have mentioned there is one thing that really disappoints me & in truth it's the whole reason for my post, I visited again last night for a meal with my wife (which was lovely btw) & was shocked & saddened to hear some of the locals threatening to post another bad review on here all because there wasn't a bag of snacks that they wanted available! The group found it very funny & so did the staff member serving them! I thought it all rather shameful that they don't seem to want to support their local, but would rather bring it down with petty reviews. Nowhere can be perfect 100% of the time but the Fitzwilliam certainly doesn't deserve the hammering it's been getting of late, from what I've seen all they're trying to do is make things better which takes a lot of effort, time & support. They're putting in the effort can we not allow them a bit of time & give them the support the deserve???

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank MrRHall
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

attended a close friends wake here on Monday 4th November buffet my dog gets better value in his complete dog food than what was served to us that day no cutlery, the staff behind the Bar were inexperienced and clueless. We wasn't greated basically the customer relations didn't exist I have attended many functions at the Fitz and this by far was the worst. In respect of this I will no longer be recommending the Fitz to any friends or family. I will be speaking to my befriend who has already provisionally booked her wedding reception here for in May 2014 to seriously reconsider because the overall word I would use for that day would be apauling.

1 Thank amandaunderwood

Travelers are raving about these Rotherham hotels