Fitzwilliam Arms Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$78
$65
$61
$78
$65
$73
$64
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
$40
$52
$70
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfunction roombridal suiteplenty of tea coffeedecent breakfastfull englishwithin easy reachsuperior roomyears evewould stay here againwedding partynext morningsaturday nightbudget hotelreception staffexcellent value for moneyasdatin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am staying in the Fitzwilliam for 3 weeks!! This is my 5th night.. I have found the staff very helpfull, my evening meals have been tasty and nice and hot.. My room is a single which has all you need for basic needs, it's clean and fresh towels each day, the beer is good and bar staff are well presented and chatty.. The hotel is located at the edge of a retail park with most of high end stores to shop in.. There is a Chinese resteraunt over the road + there is a Indian resteraunt within walking distance.. For £35 a night for a single room it's a bargin and I can't fault it!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Having visited the Fitzwilliam several times over in the past 6 months for various reasons (wedding, parties, hotel stay & general nights out) I have had more than one chance to see how the place runs & I have to say in my own personal opinion I think some of the reviews that have been left are rather harsh & unfair. My main reason for feeling this way is that the Fitzwilliam has in recent months undergone many changes & has a lot of new staff, these changes & people need a certain amount of time to settle in & learn the routine. Nearly everyone I have met has been polite, pleasant & helpful. When I've asked questions I've either been given a direct response or they've gone to find someone who can give me an answer. (If you don't ask you don't know & if people aren't made aware how can they solve a problem) The rooms have been clean, tidy & are a good size & price. When my tv wouldn't work it was fixed in decent time & when I asked for extra pillows I got them. I would like to point out that when functions are going on it can be heard in most of the pub & hotel rooms but what else do people expect, I asked a member of staff if the DJ could turn it down a little & he did, can't really ask for more to me. Decent breakfast & all other food I have eaten there has been of good quality. Their Carvery is very good too. However for all the good I have mentioned there is one thing that really disappoints me & in truth it's the whole reason for my post, I visited again last night for a meal with my wife (which was lovely btw) & was shocked & saddened to hear some of the locals threatening to post another bad review on here all because there wasn't a bag of snacks that they wanted available! The group found it very funny & so did the staff member serving them! I thought it all rather shameful that they don't seem to want to support their local, but would rather bring it down with petty reviews. Nowhere can be perfect 100% of the time but the Fitzwilliam certainly doesn't deserve the hammering it's been getting of late, from what I've seen all they're trying to do is make things better which takes a lot of effort, time & support. They're putting in the effort can we not allow them a bit of time & give them the support the deserve???

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank MrRHall
Reviewed November 6, 2013

attended a close friends wake here on Monday 4th November buffet my dog gets better value in his complete dog food than what was served to us that day no cutlery, the staff behind the Bar were inexperienced and clueless. We wasn't greated basically the customer relations didn't exist I have attended many functions at the Fitz and this by far was the worst. In respect of this I will no longer be recommending the Fitz to any friends or family. I will be speaking to my befriend who has already provisionally booked her wedding reception here for in May 2014 to seriously reconsider because the overall word I would use for that day would be apauling.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank amandaunderwood
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed there for one night only to attend a friends birthday party in the area, pre-booked the superior double for £5 extra, bit room, clean and spacious, pity the TV didn't work - but as we were only staying the night it didn't matter. Went into bar for some lunch at 3.00. ordered sandwiches...took an age, paid for it and then waitress came and told us we could not have the chicken and bacon option as the kitchen does not do hot food after 2.30, amended the order, they got this wrong and instead of the ham ordered we received tuna, too hungry to care so ate it, not offered any sauces or serviettes......came back from the party at 11.15 to get a drink before the bar closed, got one drink and when last orders were called we got another, within 5 minutes off this were being hassled to drink up and go, despite being residents. Anyway off to bed, the duvet was very small, the room was like an inferno despite the windows being open and it was like being on the M1, the traffic was horrendous but if we had closed the windows we may have died through heat exhaustion, plus there was a wedding party in the hotel and about 1.30 some very noisy neighbours for about half an hour. Got up for breakfast next morning, no one downstairs so helped ourselves to tea, a guy came and told us the breakfast chef had not turned up but to wait a little while and see what he could do, after 10 minutes we gave up, went to reception and got our money back for the breakfast...all in all a disappointing event

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the Fitz on 31st August as guests to a friends wedding. We had room 26 a family room for two adults and three children. we had to provide our own travel cot for the baby ages 10 months which was a pain as we didnt have one so luckily i asked when i booked so we borrowed one from a friend. The room was clean and spacious considering it had 4 beds in it. The double was just two singles pushed together which wasnt very comfy as there was a ridge in the middle which we both had to semi lay on as the duvets were so tiny we had the huddle up close to make sure we were both covered. when layed flat on the bed the duvet had a border of bed round the edge. bathroom was spotless and shower was brilliant. The karaoke goes on until midnight which was awful having three kiddies but they managed to go to sleep in the end by about 11 as they were so tired.think more sound proofing is needed as we could hear it crystal clear in our room as it was so loud. The hotel its self is in a bizare position in the middle of a industrial estate but we didnt notice any traffic noise. Had a lovely breakfast very good value and the cooks were fantastic with us and the kids,couldnt do more to help us even the night before when my son fell and split his lip open the cooks were helpful and got us a plaster and were fantastic. they were there until 10pm saturday and then back in for 7 this morning and were brilliant. overall had a lovely nights stay.better beds and duvets and a quieter room would have been the icing on the cake.would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of hotel not over the bar.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family