All reviews great night including breakfast food was lovely wedding reception stayed here for one night excellent value for money comfy bed evening meal sammy venue disco dj yorkshire motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 25, 2019

Yorkshire hospitality. Harold night reception was very knowledgeable on area and services. It was a pleasure for us to have met him. Large rooms could do with lift. Clean rooms and tidy furnishing. WI FI worked fine.

Room tip: Suite very good.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my partner
Was a very basic, cheap hotel and we didnt expect much for £40 and that's what we got, probably less.

The room was clean but dated. The TV was very old and didnt work properly. The breakfast was poor, a few croissants and a few slices of cold meat is not what I call breakfast. I paid extra for Breakfast so I was disappointed.

Check out at 10am. My request for late check out wasnt even acknowledged.

I wasnt expecting the Ritz for £40 but I have definitely stayed in better for less.

The room was alright, the bed was comfortable and clean so thats the most important but I wouldn't stay again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2019

A very good room, clean and comfortable, Very friendly and helpful staff.
Easy to find good location...(not noisy) and FABULOUS value for money.
Can highly recommend. Excellent parking facilities, free wifi .Nice pub restaurant across the road.(their restaurant was closed on the day i stayed but not a problem.)

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night never again. Arrived and checked in went to room opened the door only to find it already occupied. Sorted that out. Later went to restaurant menu very limited only choice of 6 main courses. My husband and I chose what we wanted it were told both were unavailable so made other choices. Food arrived mine was Gannon with chips and peas only they had run out of peas. My husband's was a curry they must have been running short of rice as he only got a tiny bit about desert spoon full. Then ordered desert again very limited choice only to be told they had run out of my choice. In the morning went for breakfast at 8am chef had not arrived so no cooked breakfast had to make do with toast.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I stayed for two days to attend my niece's wedding. My room was comfy and cool, with a nice double bed, furnishings and working internet. My sister and her husband had a very hot room with a very uncomfortable bed. He is disabled and struggled with the bath, although they had been assured the room was adapted.

My shower took fifteen minutes to warm up, but strangely, the bath water was boiling hot. I had no soap in the room, just two sachets of shower gel. I had internet that worked fine but my sister never managed to get hers to connect.

I am afraid some members of staff who serve food need more training in allergies. I am celiac and my nieces little boy has severe dairy and egg allergies that require the use of an epipen. On the first day I was offered a full English, but it turned out to be one slice of bacon, one egg and a half a tomato that tasted odd after I queried if the sausages were gluten free that I was offered. I was given gluten free bread and they offered to toast it, but I cant have it toasted where normal bread has touched ie the grill.
The coffee was cold so we asked for more. The percolator seemed to be full of dilute instant so I had herbal tea instead . The coffee seemed to vary depending on how many were in as it was nice on the day of the wedding. I was offered soup and asked if it was gluten free. She went to ask, and it was gluten free, but she had taken my bowl away. I was served last on the table and some were half way through their meal.
I couldn't understand why I was so cold and thought the air con had been put on. I asked for it to be turned off , but it seems the heating system was blowing cold air, we were shivering. Eventually it was turned off. I thought the hotel did a good job of the wedding overall. I did find it strange that the cake was not cut up and given to the people who could eat it. It was never cut and shared.
Most worrying was the morning breakfast the next day, the little boy with the allergies was left a plate of gluten free food and she said he would be ok with eggs . He had been confused with me, I am gluten free. Luckily the adults with him refused him the bread and cancelled the eggs. I was asked if I wanted butter for my gf bread and then told to get my own! I actually laughed at that one....

I realise nowhere can be perfect and this is a budget hotel. Overall my stay was okay. I did not want to upset anyone by pointing out things all the time,especially since I was attending a family wedding and reuniting with my friends and family. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room tip: rooms vary a lot, make sure you know what to expect
  • Trip type: Traveled with family