All reviews great night including breakfast food was lovely wedding reception stayed here for one night excellent value for money comfy bed evening meal sammy venue disco dj yorkshire motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night never again. Arrived and checked in went to room opened the door only to find it already occupied. Sorted that out. Later went to restaurant menu very limited only choice of 6 main courses. My husband and I chose what we wanted it were told both were unavailable so made other choices. Food arrived mine was Gannon with chips and peas only they had run out of peas. My husband's was a curry they must have been running short of rice as he only got a tiny bit about desert spoon full. Then ordered desert again very limited choice only to be told they had run out of my choice. In the morning went for breakfast at 8am chef had not arrived so no cooked breakfast had to make do with toast.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I stayed for two days to attend my niece's wedding. My room was comfy and cool, with a nice double bed, furnishings and working internet. My sister and her husband had a very hot room with a very uncomfortable bed. He is disabled and struggled with the bath, although they had been assured the room was adapted.

My shower took fifteen minutes to warm up, but strangely, the bath water was boiling hot. I had no soap in the room, just two sachets of shower gel. I had internet that worked fine but my sister never managed to get hers to connect.

I am afraid some members of staff who serve food need more training in allergies. I am celiac and my nieces little boy has severe dairy and egg allergies that require the use of an epipen. On the first day I was offered a full English, but it turned out to be one slice of bacon, one egg and a half a tomato that tasted odd after I queried if the sausages were gluten free that I was offered. I was given gluten free bread and they offered to toast it, but I cant have it toasted where normal bread has touched ie the grill.
The coffee was cold so we asked for more. The percolator seemed to be full of dilute instant so I had herbal tea instead . The coffee seemed to vary depending on how many were in as it was nice on the day of the wedding. I was offered soup and asked if it was gluten free. She went to ask, and it was gluten free, but she had taken my bowl away. I was served last on the table and some were half way through their meal.
I couldn't understand why I was so cold and thought the air con had been put on. I asked for it to be turned off , but it seems the heating system was blowing cold air, we were shivering. Eventually it was turned off. I thought the hotel did a good job of the wedding overall. I did find it strange that the cake was not cut up and given to the people who could eat it. It was never cut and shared.
Most worrying was the morning breakfast the next day, the little boy with the allergies was left a plate of gluten free food and she said he would be ok with eggs . He had been confused with me, I am gluten free. Luckily the adults with him refused him the bread and cancelled the eggs. I was asked if I wanted butter for my gf bread and then told to get my own! I actually laughed at that one....

I realise nowhere can be perfect and this is a budget hotel. Overall my stay was okay. I did not want to upset anyone by pointing out things all the time,especially since I was attending a family wedding and reuniting with my friends and family. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room tip: rooms vary a lot, make sure you know what to expect
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night in a family room with our 17-month old son. The reception staff were very welcoming and we were given a lovely large family room with a cot. The decor is a bit dated (tons of 80s style furniture and a big unit for an old CRT TV, although it did have a flat screen in it), but the place is spotlessly clean and has comfy beds. Our little boy was sick during the night and we had fresh cot bedding sent up within minutes of our request.

Breakfast was a bit haphazard, only one person serving 7 tables and she kept going missing for 10 minutes at a time, while more people were arriving with no idea whether to wait or start serving themselves. One gent spent ages sitting waiting for milk, as he thought there was none, but it was in the small fridge. Proper signage would help here to direct people better, just something like: 'Please take a seat and help yourself to drinks, toast, cereal and pastries. Milk,juice and yoghurts are in the fridge. A member of staff will be with you shortly to take any hot breakfast orders. Thank you'.

The employees are all really friendly and accommodating, but seem overworked as little things were overlooked like no extra towels for us or toiletries in our bathroom (we had our own but it would have been inconvenient for someone who didn't). Our son's cot hadn't been set up for our arrival (but they did make us a lovely cuppa while we waited) and the room key didn't work when we arrived due to an oversight with the setup (the key card machine was still set to single use entry for cleaners). Some quality and efficiency training is maybe needed, but you certainly couldn't fault their friendly nature and eagerness to help.

If you are looking for a good value place to have a comfortable nights sleep and a cheap breakfast on route to somewhere else, then it's ideally located just off the M1.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Had some really good nights here in the past. We saw that there was going to be a live band playing Motown so two days beforehand we phoned to book to go. Our name and phone number was taken. Turned up and nobody seemed to know anything about it!! So we went home disappointed and frustrated. Why couldn’t someone have phoned us and saved us a wasted journey. It was still on their Facebook makes me wonder whether any of the events on Facebook ever happen.

2  Thank wendywithsoul
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Ok so here’s what happened to start with

Husband booked a room .. the hotel rang him the next day said “you can’t have the room you booked (a suite) as it’s been reserved off for a wedding and the kitchen is closed because of this also “ so hubby said “ok I’ll have to get back to you I need to speak to the wife “

Five minutes later the manager rang him and said “we’ve issued pyou the refunded you asked for but,you can’t have it until Tuesday “ my husband said “I never asked for a refund and I’m now confused as to what’s going on and if I’m honest I’m a bit cheesed off as we are leaving to come to our night away what do I do now on a Friday at short notice?? “

Five minutes later someone else rang back and said “its all sorted sir kitchen IS OPEN our mistake , but you still can’t have your room but We will find you the next best one and we will get you a bottle of wine “.. so we were happy and came on our way as planned.

We got here and meet the lovely Natalie and she gave us our keys we were mega excited for our night away kid free..

We walked into the room it was clean etc not much of a “suite feel” more a zipped together bed with a telly and decor out of the 1960’s and the same bath we have at home so not much of a treat so to speak.

Then we chose to go to dinner ..

Then the real hotel began to unfold

I’ve put in the complaint I’ve made to booking.com so you can see it in all it’s laughable glory except I’m not laughing at the Manuel and Basil Faulty fiasco anymore I’m now sitting here right now crying as we pack our bags to go home not having stayed here tonight as planned.

I must add The barman/waiter/Gardner/gamekeeper/jack of all trades was back and forth to the kitchen only to be ushered out to tell us yet another thing on the set menu was unavailable .. in his dirty jeans dirty top but he did smile and seemed embarrassed as we were I just told him it wasn’t his fault as he was just the “barer of the never ending bad news “

The one rating is NOT directed at Natalie the lovely receptionist.

Here is booking.com complaint who by the way they are in ARIZONA!!!!!....

I am leaving this hotel right now it’s totally inadequate it’s like staying in faulty towers here tonight.

I have to say that for the first time ever I feel like I have been racially discriminated as a British white person here tonight.

There is an Asian wedding on and the focus is on them (rightfully so they are getting married ) but not to the detriment to the other people here ,who just happen to be white and being told the focus tonight is the wedding !!!!!

We are sat in a room ALONE in the corner with breakfast still on the table in the other corner .. most of the food is not available on a SET MENU from a three choice starter I’ve been offered scampi (which isn’t a starter or on the list ) because the rest had been “locked away” and someone had taken the keys home.

There is only two choices tonight from a 4 item main course and for pudding I’ve just been offered “ sh!!ty toffee pudding “

We tried to leave the restaurant which was blocked in by a table against the restaurant entrance with eight men sat with their back against the door from the wedding.

We then tried another door which lead to the kitchen I wish we hadn’t as it dawned on us right there and then how unhygienic it was and we’d eaten here not much I must add as it took 30 minutes for two steaks and we didn’t have a pudding pictures of the kitchen are available.

we ended up in the end pushing the fire door to exit.

The room we booked wasn’t actually available due to the wedding we were offered another room but it’s not what we paid for at all.

Don’t get me wrong this room is clean but it has a roof that is our “room with a view “ the air conditioning don’t work and the window opens an inch if that it’s unbearably hot in here.

I would like a full refund of this booking please as it’s a poor shoddy excuse of a hotel which is a catalogue of disasters from start to finish.

P.S. Just tried to leave the hotel to go home and no one there to let us out after pressing bell and waiting 10 minutes to be acknowledged to open the door so we can leave we’ve left our room key on the front desk we have retraced our steps to the “restaurant “ we had sat in and yep our remains of our meal and 1/2 bottle of wine still there on the table and breakfast still on the other table .. we have finally left out the fire door ..

I THINK YOU CAN GUESS WE WOULDN’T STAY HERE AGAIN ..