“Mini break ,visiting Friends”
Review of Carlton Park Hotel

Carlton Park Hotel
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Nice, Rooms very clean & comfortable , very friendly staff.Good breakfast,choice of cereals ,friut & full english (nice soft eggs) and hot .We would stay here again. Didnt get to use the spa or gym but it looked nice maybe on our next visit.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 314 ,Nice view over looking a old country house /now a school & playing field may...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason G, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for your nice review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and look forward to seeing you again when you stay with us next

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Nice comfy room albeit quite a small bed, the room did smell of cigarette smoke though. Sandwich eaten at the bar was nice (tip ask for the room service version and tell them you want to eat it at the bar)..means you'll get your sandwich for £4.75 without the added 'super deal' of soup for £9.75!!!! That's £5 for a bowl of soup, not that great a deal.
Gareth the Young Night Porter was brilliant.
Breakfast was nice also, lovely sausages and beautiful lean bacon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologise that your room smelled of cigarette smoke. We have a strict policy of charging anyone who smokes in a non-smoking room. In the event of this, the room is aired prior to the next guest arriving but this appears not to have been the case on this occasion. I'm pleased that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and look forward to seeing you again at the hotel very soon

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have stayed at the Carlton Park Hotel a couple of times before and after always having a lovely time, I booked again for my partner's birthday. We chose the spa, sparkle and shopping stay over after looking through the special offers section of the website (some great offers on there, well worth a look). The website did state it was a weekend offer but the friendly lady I spoke to happily booked us in for a Tuesday night on the same package. This deal included a £20 Meadowhall gift card and £40 towards evening meals as well as early check in and fizz/chocs in the room which made the £99 price tag excellent value for money!

The staff were (nearly!) all polite, friendly and helpful, particularly the gentleman who checked us in (Sorry I didn't catch his name!).

Our room was lovely, spacious and well equipped. The bathroom was a let down. It appeared to have only had a quick wipe over when really it needed a good scrub (Around the taps, sink, floor, handles on the bath etc). My parents room was next to ours and their bathroom was spotless so this obviously isn't a problem throughout the rooms (Something I haven't witnessed myself on previous stays here either).

The swimming pool area is great! One of our main reasons for choosing this hotel. It is spotlessly clean and mostly well maintained. The sauna was out of order when we first arrived but somebody came to fix it while we were in the pool. The wall needs a bit of a paint job as the lovely mural is peeling off all along the bottom.

The food in the restaurant was lovely. Portion sizes are huge and there is a wide selection to chose from on the menu. As we stayed on a weeknight it wasn't very busy. Considering this, service was a little slow but staff were polite and helpful and the food was definitely worth the wait.

Breakfast is excellent. Again, lots to choose from to suit varied diets and preferences.

We will definitely be staying here again in the future and I wouldn't hesitate to give 5 stars next time if the bathroom is cleaner and the pool mural has received a touch up.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your stay with us. I'm delighted that you found such a great deal on our website although we don't normally offer this particular package from Monday to Thursday! You must have caught the receptionist in a good mood! I am concerned to hear that your room was not spotless as all rooms are checked after the housekeeping team have cleaned them. Your comments have been passed on to the Housekeeping Manager for investigation. Thank you for sharing your largely positive experience with the Trip Advisor community and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Unhappy guest of birthday party. Extremely rude staff. Young kids too young to be serving paying guests. Asked them why so rude? to no avail. Just rude gestures. I have been to Carlton Park many times before, standards have slipped. Older staff polite and helpful. You need to train and instil good manners in your untrained young inexperienced staff. You will lose a lot of custom if you don't address the situation. Staff snatching nappkins from paying customers, even when they are still using them is totally unprofessional! So please check that you do correct the situation, it wasn't one or two staff it seemed to be the younger ones! May i also remind you the old adage the customer is always right!! Are so it is said. One very cross customer!

1  Thank Leighrachel

Thank you for your comments regarding our Motown Soul Party Night. Please be reassured that, since your review, and of others attending events over that weekend, a full management meeting has taken place to investigate; with procedures put in place to ensure no further problems. We do take comments made on this site very seriously and welcome feedback: both good and bad. The Carlton Park Hotel has a fantastic reputation for proving top quality themed nights which is very important to us and so we thank you for your constructive comments.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Booked for a party of 15 for the Motown night and we all had a fantastic time The staff were brilliant girls on reception friendly and chatty evening meal and breakfast great plenty of choice excellent value for a weekend stay only niggle for some reason Dj played a few records that weren't Motown which seemed a bit strange OVerall a good weekend with the girls at a reasonable price

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

It's fantastic to hear that you all had such a great time on our Motown Soul Night recently. Your review certainly adds balance to those of others recently and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our new Calendar of Events is now available for May - August and features some fantastic events!

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with this hotel although I didn't stay over night I went for a 3 course meal and a grease themed night for £17.95. We went as a party of around 20 we were sat on 2 separate tables for a start, the staff were all very very rude apart from one or two. One of the tables ordered and got their starter and we hadn't even ordered so all started and finished at different times. Then the disco.. There were 2 rooms there were around 100 to 120 people in and they only moved around 3 tables in and had a small dance floor in one of the rooms but wasn't big enough and played music from grease film that was it no decoration just music. Was a let down as it was for a friends birthday and she was very disappointed will not go again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank for your comments following our Grease Party Night. I'm sure that you can appreciate that when a party reaches a certain size it becomes necessary to seat on two or more tables. This is preferable most of the time, as the tables are placed next to each other in the room which makes it easier for guests to chat, as opposed to one long table. There is obviously no excuse for rudeness but please be reassured that your comments have been addressed.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I booked to go hear for my birthday, I booked for a party of 20 for the grease party night on 7th march, when we were seated we were sat on 2 separate tables which I wasn't happy about as it split our party up!!! The staff were miserable and rude towards myself my friends and family! My children have got more manners! This really spoilt my night and won't be going to another theme night again!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Jason G, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry on this occasion that we did not meet your expectations. Parties of a certain size are split onto more than one table for logistical reasons but the tables are always placed next to each other in the room. We do listen to special requests if made before the night and are able to accommodate most. As with all reviews, both positive and negative, rest assured that we are receptive to comments and action is taken where necessary.