“motown night”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
west yorkshire
“motown night”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Booked for a party of 15 for the Motown night and we all had a fantastic time The staff were brilliant girls on reception friendly and chatty evening meal and breakfast great plenty of choice excellent value for a weekend stay only niggle for some reason Dj played a few records that weren't Motown which seemed a bit strange OVerall a good weekend with the girls at a reasonable price

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jason G, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
It's fantastic to hear that you all had such a great time on our Motown Soul Night recently. Your review certainly adds balance to those of others recently and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our new Calendar of Events is now available for May - August and features some fantastic events!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with this hotel although I didn't stay over night I went for a 3 course meal and a grease themed night for £17.95. We went as a party of around 20 we were sat on 2 separate tables for a start, the staff were all very very rude apart from one or two. One of the tables ordered and got their starter and we hadn't even ordered so all started and finished at different times. Then the disco.. There were 2 rooms there were around 100 to 120 people in and they only moved around 3 tables in and had a small dance floor in one of the rooms but wasn't big enough and played music from grease film that was it no decoration just music. Was a let down as it was for a friends birthday and she was very disappointed will not go again.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank for your comments following our Grease Party Night. I'm sure that you can appreciate that when a party reaches a certain size it becomes necessary to seat on two or more tables. This is preferable most of the time, as the tables are placed next to each other in the room which makes it easier for guests to chat, as opposed to one long table. There is obviously no excuse for rudeness but please be reassured that your comments have been addressed.

Travelers are raving about these Rotherham hotels

Rotherham
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I booked to go hear for my birthday, I booked for a party of 20 for the grease party night on 7th march, when we were seated we were sat on 2 separate tables which I wasn't happy about as it split our party up!!! The staff were miserable and rude towards myself my friends and family! My children have got more manners! This really spoilt my night and won't be going to another theme night again!!

• Stayed March 2014
Jason G, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry on this occasion that we did not meet your expectations. Parties of a certain size are split onto more than one table for logistical reasons but the tables are always placed next to each other in the room. We do listen to special requests if made before the night and are able to accommodate most. As with all reviews, both positive and negative, rest assured that we are receptive to comments and action is taken where necessary.
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner Angie Ali g with 36 other friends went on the Motown Night 08/03/14. Plenty of plus and minus points so here is my honest review.

We were on a package for the event, disco and meal with an overnight stay and breakfast. We arrived at 1230pm and because of the package, we could check in early...which was great!

The room was number 215 and was absolutely lovely, cosy and immaculate so huge compliments to the housekeeping staff.

A bottle of fizzy wine (Angie said it was fine....others in our party said it was like sugary paint stripper!!!

After a nip into Rotherham we came back and used the spa facilities. The pool was great, the jacuzzi was bubbly but really tiny....4 of us in and we were cramped. The sauna was out of order and the steam room wasn't steaming.....so very much a let down as we planned to chill out for a while.

Back up to the room, nice hot bath and relaxed prior to the Motown & meal. TV was a good size and had freeview channels on it with an option of DVD rentals (nice selection!).

We went downstairs to meet with friends around 6.30pm - at first getting served in the bar was ok as it was quiet.....but as the evening progressed it got to be a 10 minute wait to get served (perhaps more bar staff needed when the hotel is fully booked?)

The meal itself was hit and miss. The starters went down well with all of our party of 38...the main courses were a different story. Ok so I appreciate it was busy but the time between courses was 45 minutes fir some of us, one table got loads of gravy/peppercorn sauce, plenty of vegetables and potatoes..and had a great meal. Our table and the next one had hardly any gravy/sauce and the veg/potatoes were badly shared out. Those waiting for gravy etc waited a good 10 mins as they'd run out.....by this time the food was cold! Puddings, coffee etc were beautiful!

The disco was good but I would say the dj you used was a bit lifeless and a good many songs he played were definitely not Motown!!!

We slept very well, comfy bed, quiet room and awoke to a beautiful breakfast downstairs. Full English, toast, coffee or tea, continental, cereal.....whatever you wanted and however much as it was help yourself.

The staff were helpful and courteous at all times.....my biggest grumble is the lack of extra bar and catering/waiting staff......and the spa facilities should be working if advertised as part of the package.

So the question.....would I come again? Possibly......but I think I would look to eat elsewhere as the food at night was poorly delivered

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comprehensive review following your visit to the hotel as a guest on our Motown Soul Night. I'm pleased that you found so much of the experience to be to your liking; however, I am concerned that the party night experience was not to your liking. I have passed your comments to the Food & Beverage Manager to act upon, along with similar reviews posted last weekend. I'm sure you can appreciate that occasionally things break down and it takes a certain amount of time for the mechanic to get to the hotel to make the repair. With the best will in the world, this is unavoidable but I do apologise that it inconvenienced you. We hope that you will give us another chance to demonstrate our usual standards of service.
rotherham
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Went here last night for my friends birthday booked as a party of 21 where we sat together no two separate tables one (ours) collapsed twice and let me tell you they aren't smell tables,That's the seating over now onto the meal huh.We where told we had GOT to be seated at our table fot 8.15 which we only just managed as we are all health care workers who don't finish work until 8, the annoying thing was they didn't take our order until 8.45.Now lets ge to the staff I have never ever met such a bunch of miserable young people in my life they come and grunt at you when asking wat you want and woe betide you ask for something different or an extra something,One of my friends asked for some more gravy as all they give you is two yes that's right TWO tablespoons oh my god you would have thought she had asked for a pint of his blood.So I can safely say I will never ever use ths venue again the consort suite is much better,

1 Thank sharonhart
I'm sorry that we seem to have fallen short of your expectations on this occasion. I'm sure you understand that parties must be seated by 8.15 pm at the latest in order for the disco to begin at the scheduled time. Parties sitting down to eat any later would result in the disco being delayed which would spoil the night for the rest of our guests. All equipment in the hotel is checked regularly for safety; however, I must apologise that you had the misfortune of a faulty table leg. The table has now been taken out of action for repair. I find your observations about having to wait to be served unusual as all main courses on that evening were served by 8.45 pm. Your comments about the customer service of our service staff are of concern. Rest assured that your review has been communicated to the management team and will be cascaded down to staff. We do take feedback seriously as one of the leading providers of party nights locally.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

we had a 2 night stay at the end of feb. reception were efficient and courteous and the rooms were clean and adequate. the bar and function room service was let down by limited drinks selection and inexperienced staff, ie not putting lime or lemon in a vodka and lemonade.
overall the hotel is ok and value for money although we wont be rushing back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the hotel recently. Your comments regarding staff training have been passed to the Food and Beverage Manager and included in staff training, scheduled to take place this week. We hope to see you again at the hotel soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We chose this hotel because it offered smoking rooms and had fairly good reviews. The reception was very friendly and the room and bathroom clean. The Wi-Fi was steady. As others have said,the furnishings were a little tired but the price, including a good breakfast, made up for that. We didn't use the restaurant as we thought the prices surprisingly high. To sum up; the hotel is good value for money and the availability of a smoking room(thank you) much appreciated.

Room Tip: smoking rooms available