“Great hotel for relaxing and shopping!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Carlton Park Hotel

Carlton Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for relaxing and shopping!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at the Carlton Park hotel in August 2012 for a weekend (Friday-Sunday) with my family and I'd like to say it was wonderful as usual. We had 3 rooms between us and they were all more than suitable for us.
My room was very clean (much cleaner that it ever has been actually, kudos to the housekeeper!), the pool/Jacuzzi were just what I needed after the long drive after work. Saturday my cousin and I went shopping to Meadow Hall, which I have to say is MUCH better than the Trafford Centre, so many high quality shops and only a 5 minute drive away from the hotel.
My one complaint that I have was about the food I had in the bar on the Saturday evening, I had one of their pizza's, the cheese was very under cooked and there was far too much of it, it made me feel rather ill so I had to leave it. I did mention it to the bar staff, but she didn't seem to know what to say, perhaps I little more training in customer comments/complaints would be a good idea?
The breakfast was superb as always and the front of house team couldn't be faltered.
Once again a wonderful stay, will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
carltonpark, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Carlton Park Hotel for your stay in South Yorkshire. Although not my own personal choice as a venue in which to spend a Saturday afternoon (!), nearby Meadowhall Shopping Centre is massively popular and offers enough shops to keep you spending all day long! I'm delighted that you found the hotel to be to your liking. I appreciate your honesty regarding the pizza and will pass on your comments to our Head Chef. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here on an overnight spa break with Groupon and found it excellent value. Had lunch in the bar which was very nice, lovely well equipped room and friendly cleaning, reception and serving staff who were all very helpful and attentive. The spa is quite small as it is more of an attachment to the gym facilities than a stand alone spa, the only drawback to this being there were no loungers at the side of the pool, however, it was lovely and quiet, very clean and nicely decorated. Beds were comfy and breakfast the next morning was EXCELLENT! All in all a very pleasant stay, would recommend to anyone who wants a relaxing get away at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your lovely comments relating to your stay at the Carlton Park Hotel. Don't leave it until the next Groupon offer to stay with us again!
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just stayed for two nights, the room was very clean and the bed more comfortable than many of the 4 star chain hotels I have stayed in. The gym, pool and spa are very small but superbly presented, the pool and jacuzzi in particular are a very nice place to spend your time, I ate twice in the restaurant and the quality of the food was excellent, in particular the steak.. At breakfast I was almost chased back to my table by a lady offering me the freshly cooked eggs as opposed to the one on my plate that had been left standing for a while, the following day i was asked if i was sure i had eaten enough breakfast, its geniune effort like this from the staff that makes it a cut above many other four star hotels I have stayed in. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and I totally agree that the personal touch goes a long way to making a guest's stay memorable. Being chased with an egg is certainly memorable!
Tyne and Wear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here with my brother for a single night after visiting an event at the Magna Centre. It was ideally placed on a quiet road 2 or 3 miles from the venue - less than £5 in a taxi. I'm told it's just as convenient for a number of other local venues as well.

The hotel has a lot of facilities that we didn't have the time to use, but at £61 for a twin room including a full English breakfast we felt we were getting really good value for money.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and seemed to genuinely care about the reputation of the hotel. The room was clean and, although a little compact, had everything we needed. The hotel in general made a really good impression on us.

I would definitely go back to this hotel if I was ever in the area - no question!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bill2828
carltonpark, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. We do work hard to give the hotel a 'home from home' feel, from the decor and amenities right through to warmth of welcome and service. It's lovely to know when we get it right! We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel sooner rather than later.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed at the Carlton Park for one night spa deal from Groupon. The hotel is very nice clean and modern. Room was very clean and of a good standard. The staff are all very polite and helpful a credit to the hotel. We used the spa facilities and had a great time in the pool, sauna, steam room and gym. The food was very tasty and really enjoyable. We would defiantly use the hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind and honest appraisal of the hotel. It's fantastic that the recent Groupon deal gave so many people a chance to experience the hotel that normally wouldn't have it on their radar. Don't leave it until the next Groupon deal to stay with us again!
Pontefract, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

seven of us went overnight for 18th birthday night away , hotel was lovely and clean food was very good, hotel staff were really nice and friendly, pool and jaccusi were abit on small side but as nobody else were in it was good for the 7 of us , would defenetly stay here again , they also have loads of themed nights seems to have plenty going off entertainment wise

Room Tip: remember to have your key card on you ay all times you need them to get through the landing doors i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank helen w
Many thanks for your nice comments following your stay with us! We do indeed offer a hectic schedule of dinner and discos throughout the year including Christmas. Why not try one out during your next stay with us?
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I would throughly recommend this hotel. I surprised my husband for our 23rd wedding anniversary through a groupon deal and we both had an absolutely brilliant time. Deal inc. bottle of fizzy wine on arrival (was in room in ice bucket), two course lunch, bed/breakfast and use of the spa facilities. We had to pay for our evening meal but wow, was it worth it (the med salad topped with tuna steaks was a party in my mouth!).

Room was clean and had everything you would want and had lovely view. All in all, great service from check in to check out, what more could you want :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the left hand side of the hotel over look lovely gardens.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I'm delighted that you found your stay with us recently to be so pleasant and the food to be so scrumptious. I hope that you will stay with us again, maybe on your 25th Anniversary!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Hellaby Hall Hotel
Ibis Rotherham East
Ibis Rotherham East
#2 of 15 in Rotherham
Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North

Been to Carlton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!