“Unbelievable”

Ranked #48 of 322 Restaurants in Rotherham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is more or less a local for us, we live about 3 miles away and visit regularly. We have had good food and good service at various times. two weeks ago we took our 2 kids to have a midweek meal as it was a lovely warm evening and they have a big beer garden. We arrived at 6pm, we chose a table in the garden, other people were eating, and our eldest daughter went to fetch drinks and menus. She ordered drinks and when she asked for menus the landlady told her we couldn't eat outside, they'd "stopped serving outside". A beautiful warm evening, chef there, waitresses there and they couldn't be bothered to bring food outside for us. So we wasted our money on drinks, had to drink them watching other people eat, and we left with a very bitter taste. This pub is a great pub in a great location bit needs to look after people much better to get more repeat custom.

2  Thank Chris B

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Called in today with my wife for a meal and have to say there was nothing wrong with the food at all . I played safe with pie dinner which came with homemade chunky chips and mushy peas , while my wife had fish and chips with mushy peas . The fish was lightly battered and a good size , and not swimming in grease as many pubs tend to serve as they don't have time to let it drain off properly . I know it's not fine dining , but it was good for what it was , and we will try it again . The only negative was that service was a bit slow , but then again , they were busy .

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited on a Friday evening and were lucky to find a table in the bar area. After making a selection from a wonderful choice of real ales our attention turned to the menu. The food was top restaurant quality, wonderful fish and chips with real chips and a special baked plaice with capers was excellent. Wrap this up with a wonderful location and you simply cannot go wrong.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This pub is in a lovely setting and my expectations were very high. The drinking glasses and cutlery were dirty, the coffee served was dreadful and when I complained was told that was all we have. I would avoid the toilets, as these need a good clean and a decent hand dryer. The food was ok but nothing special.

2  Thank Ultrabernie
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ŵe had a very nice lunch, good service, no problems. On the 16th June, I always enjoy my visit to the George and Dragon