“It's an Holiday inn express ........good value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great welcome from all the staff including the night porter who was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious,clean and fresh,but after being at Doncaster races all day it would have been nice to have a bath but the shower was more than adequate. Good all you can eat continental breakfast all for the price of £39 per couple.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up for a quieter nights sleep
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North and taking your time to write this review.

The team and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay and that your interaction with our Night Porter was a favourable one, such positive comments about are staff mean a lot as we aim to exceed expectations.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here to attend a party at a friends house, it was a really cheap deal including breakfast. There was a wedding reception when we arrived and there was very limited restaurant facilities which maybe explained the cheap deal, was no problem to us. Was all quiet when we got back but our room was very poorly insulated - you could hear every little movement in the rooms around us. In the morning it sounded like a herd of elephants above us! Bdes were comfortable and there were a choice of soft / hard pillows. Cooked breakfast was tasty.

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. The team and I are delighted you found our Express breakfast offering enjoyable.
Your comments are being reviewed by our maintenance and management team, and every effort will be made to improve.
I hope the team have the chance to welcome you into the hotel in the future and if there is anything we can do to make your stay a more comfortable one please do not hesitate to contact a member of our front office team.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel could be so much more - on the good side it has quite a large free car par. The reception is spotless and the reception staff are friendly, I was weclomed as a Priority Club member with a bottle of water & kitkat nicely wrapped - a nice touch something you don't get often in the UK.
The rooms were a good size and very clean, with the usual choice of soft and firm pillows. The bathroom again very clean and a good size (shower - no bath).
Then the bad side the air con didn't work and windows don't open! The baby that kept crying in the next room sounded like it was in the room with us. Then breakfast - it's a long time that I have stayerd in a hotel were the breakfast was so poorly organised. There were plenty of staff about who seemed to be rushing about but not achieving very much at all. Things that needed replenishing on the buffet were just left. There was no cutlery. When the table was finally cleared of a few things the young lady just grabbed the plates from us - fortunately we had finished eating but it would have been nice to be asked.
So Holiday Inn Express - sort out your sound proofing, fix your air con and employ someone who can organise the breakfast and this will be a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask or a room without a connecting door it might be so noisey (?)

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review on your stay at our hotel. The team and I are sorry and disappointed that your stay did not meet with our regular high standards.
Your comments are being reviewed by our management team, and every effort will be made to avoid a re-occurrence of the situation.
I hope the team have the chance to welcome you into the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Firstly the hotel isn't up to much, it doesn't have a restaurant, the reception doubles as a makeshift bar. My room had no sound deadening what so ever, I could hear everything the couple in the next room were doing, also the noise from other guests in the corridor coming back from the bars late at night/early hours of the morning was unbearable, then at 8am the noise from the maids in the corridor with doors banging resulted in me getting no sleep.

Room Tip: Go and stay in another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Len-G-Borg
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear valued guest

I would like to thank you for brining to our attention the issues that you encountered during your stay. The team and I are sorry that we did not meet your expectations that we strive to achieve in our hotel.
Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve your expectations of the hotel.
I hope this will not deter you from choosing us in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed June 5, 2013

On the positive side the hotel was clean, well decorated and the staff were friendly. The room was pleasant, comfortable, temperature adjustable, there was even a choice of soft or firm pillows and the black out blinds were very effective.

On the negative side the food was awful. There was a very long wait for the food even though the restaurant wasn’t busy. It was a very limited menu (looked like it was all bought in rather than prepared fresh). The portions were tiny, it was bland and it lacked the things that would have made it a meal e.g. vegetables or the poppadoms it said you would get in the menu!
Other people in my group experienced other problems with the food.

I was allocated a bedroom very close to the road / roundabout. It was noisy and I slept poorly.

I booked an alarm call that either didn’t come (most likely) or I didn’t hear (possible but unlikely given that I seemed to be awake most of the time). This meant that I was late for my meeting and I didn’t have time for breakfast. Not a good start to the day.

Room Tip: Take a pair of ear plugs and eat out.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Jacquie W,

Thank you for your comments as we are constantly working on improving our product and am extremely disappointed that your stay was not up to your expectations. We are working hard to ensure that our breakfast service meets our guests expectations and value your feedback.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is much nicer than some 4star hotels we have stayed in. Immaculately clean public areas and rooms this hotel is light and airy with windows on the corridors which flood them with natural light. The welcome was friendly and we were checked in within minutes. The room was spotless with modern, comfortable furnishings and comfy beds. A walk in shower rather than a shower over the bath was a bonus as my travelling companion is a bit unsteady on his feet? Controllable air conditioning meant we could have the room nice and cool. Breakfast this morning was delicious, sausages, beans, scrambled eggs, toast, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts and pastries on offer as well as all the usual drinks. The chef was out of the kitchen every few minutes making sure supplies were well topped up. Have to say we were completely impressed by this hotel and for the price we paid for the room it was a complete bargain. Well done to everyone and thank you so much

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank debsnbob

Dear Valued Guest,

The Team and I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the hotel and the fantastic review you have written.

To be compared as better than some four star hotels is an honour, and it makes us proud as a team.

I do hope we get the pleasure of inviting you back to our hotel soon, and if there is anything further we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team who will be happy to help.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a fairly newly build hotel in a new residential area. When we visited it had new built homes and developments adjacent but I would still suggestion it was rural as there was still plenty of greenery and space.

There was ample parking and a Aldi directly opposite which I thought handy especially as I had young children with me.

The hotel itself was fresh, bright and also very clean.

Upon arrival we were greeted by David, who couldn't help having another fork full of his diner before he came from the back office to the reception desk. Still he was very pleasant, took my details before giving me my room key.

The room was nice and spacious, the bed was comfortable and there was a choice of soft to firm pillows on the bed. the bathroom was also a good size although it was a shame their wasnt a heated towel rail nor when the bathroom steamed was the mirror anti fogging, but I guess it is only 3 stars.

Breakfast was excellent. Lots of choice. The kids loved it. The only problem was the lack of staff. On the Saturday morning there was only one waitress and on the Sundays before checkout there was only two members of staff but a lot more guests and so tables were shared by guests, people had to wait for tables to be cleared until the receptionist had to come and lend a hand.

Over all the staff were very nice. We did have to pick up an iron and ironing board from reception as we were told it's policy that this is not brought up to the rooms.... but again every menber of staff were very plesent and friendly.

With the building being new there were no complaints there.
When booking we got a deal online. This was actually a secret hotel so it was value for money. i went with my wife and 2 children one of which is under 1 year. There isnt much to keep them entertained but I would stay there again and would highly recommend the hotel also.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North and for taking the time to complete this review.

I am delighted that you and your family found our rooms accommodating and our breakfast quality and choices a high standard.

Your comments are highly valued and areas of concern will be highlighted with the relevant team members.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.