All reviews aldi supermarket beans stayed here free wifi marstons pub hi express hot items housing estate pub next door rooms are large hot food sofa bed on arrival good size air conditioning yogurt visiting family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here to attend a party at a friends house, it was a really cheap deal including breakfast. There was a wedding reception when we arrived and there was very limited restaurant facilities which maybe explained the cheap deal, was no problem to us. Was all quiet when we got back but our room was very poorly insulated - you could hear every little movement in the rooms around us. In the morning it sounded like a herd of elephants above us! Bdes were comfortable and there were a choice of soft / hard pillows. Cooked breakfast was tasty.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. The team and I are delighted you found our Express breakfast offering enjoyable.
Your comments are being reviewed by our maintenance and management team, and every effort will be made to improve.
I hope the team have the chance to welcome you into the hotel in the future and if there is anything we can do to make your stay a more comfortable one please do not hesitate to contact a member of our front office team.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel could be so much more - on the good side it has quite a large free car par. The reception is spotless and the reception staff are friendly, I was weclomed as a Priority Club member with a bottle of water & kitkat nicely wrapped - a nice touch something you don't get often in the UK.
The rooms were a good size and very clean, with the usual choice of soft and firm pillows. The bathroom again very clean and a good size (shower - no bath).
Then the bad side the air con didn't work and windows don't open! The baby that kept crying in the next room sounded like it was in the room with us. Then breakfast - it's a long time that I have stayerd in a hotel were the breakfast was so poorly organised. There were plenty of staff about who seemed to be rushing about but not achieving very much at all. Things that needed replenishing on the buffet were just left. There was no cutlery. When the table was finally cleared of a few things the young lady just grabbed the plates from us - fortunately we had finished eating but it would have been nice to be asked.
So Holiday Inn Express - sort out your sound proofing, fix your air con and employ someone who can organise the breakfast and this will be a really nice hotel.

Room tip: Ask or a room without a connecting door it might be so noisey (?)
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review on your stay at our hotel. The team and I are sorry and disappointed that your stay did not meet with our regular high standards.
Your comments are being reviewed by our management team, and every effort will be made to avoid a re-occurrence of the situation.
I hope the team have the chance to welcome you into the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Firstly the hotel isn't up to much, it doesn't have a restaurant, the reception doubles as a makeshift bar. My room had no sound deadening what so ever, I could hear everything the couple in the next room were doing, also the noise from other guests in the corridor coming back from the bars late at night/early hours of the morning was unbearable, then at 8am the noise from the maids in the corridor with doors banging resulted in me getting no sleep.

Room tip: Go and stay in another hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Len-G-Borg
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear valued guest

I would like to thank you for brining to our attention the issues that you encountered during your stay. The team and I are sorry that we did not meet your expectations that we strive to achieve in our hotel.
Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve your expectations of the hotel.
I hope this will not deter you from choosing us in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed June 5, 2013

On the positive side the hotel was clean, well decorated and the staff were friendly. The room was pleasant, comfortable, temperature adjustable, there was even a choice of soft or firm pillows and the black out blinds were very effective.

On the negative side the food was awful. There was a very long wait for the food even though the restaurant wasn’t busy. It was a very limited menu (looked like it was all bought in rather than prepared fresh). The portions were tiny, it was bland and it lacked the things that would have made it a meal e.g. vegetables or the poppadoms it said you would get in the menu!
Other people in my group experienced other problems with the food.

I was allocated a bedroom very close to the road / roundabout. It was noisy and I slept poorly.

I booked an alarm call that either didn’t come (most likely) or I didn’t hear (possible but unlikely given that I seemed to be awake most of the time). This meant that I was late for my meeting and I didn’t have time for breakfast. Not a good start to the day.

Room tip: Take a pair of ear plugs and eat out.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Jacquie W,

Thank you for your comments as we are constantly working on improving our product and am extremely disappointed that your stay was not up to your expectations. We are working hard to ensure that our breakfast service meets our guests expectations and value your feedback.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is much nicer than some 4star hotels we have stayed in. Immaculately clean public areas and rooms this hotel is light and airy with windows on the corridors which flood them with natural light. The welcome was friendly and we were checked in within minutes. The room was spotless with modern, comfortable furnishings and comfy beds. A walk in shower rather than a shower over the bath was a bonus as my travelling companion is a bit unsteady on his feet? Controllable air conditioning meant we could have the room nice and cool. Breakfast this morning was delicious, sausages, beans, scrambled eggs, toast, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts and pastries on offer as well as all the usual drinks. The chef was out of the kitchen every few minutes making sure supplies were well topped up. Have to say we were completely impressed by this hotel and for the price we paid for the room it was a complete bargain. Well done to everyone and thank you so much

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank debsnbob

Dear Valued Guest,

The Team and I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the hotel and the fantastic review you have written.

To be compared as better than some four star hotels is an honour, and it makes us proud as a team.

I do hope we get the pleasure of inviting you back to our hotel soon, and if there is anything further we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team who will be happy to help.