All reviewsaldi supermarketbeansstayed herefree wifimarstons pubhot itemshousing estatepub next doorhot foodrooms are largesofa bedgood sizeon arrivalair conditioningexcellent valueyogurtmodern hotel
Reviewed June 5, 2013

On the positive side the hotel was clean, well decorated and the staff were friendly. The room was pleasant, comfortable, temperature adjustable, there was even a choice of soft or firm pillows and the black out blinds were very effective.

On the negative side the food was awful. There was a very long wait for the food even though the restaurant wasn’t busy. It was a very limited menu (looked like it was all bought in rather than prepared fresh). The portions were tiny, it was bland and it lacked the things that would have made it a meal e.g. vegetables or the poppadoms it said you would get in the menu!
Other people in my group experienced other problems with the food.

I was allocated a bedroom very close to the road / roundabout. It was noisy and I slept poorly.

I booked an alarm call that either didn’t come (most likely) or I didn’t hear (possible but unlikely given that I seemed to be awake most of the time). This meant that I was late for my meeting and I didn’t have time for breakfast. Not a good start to the day.

Room Tip: Take a pair of ear plugs and eat out.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Jacquie W,

Thank you for your comments as we are constantly working on improving our product and am extremely disappointed that your stay was not up to your expectations. We are working hard to ensure that our breakfast service meets our guests expectations and value your feedback.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is much nicer than some 4star hotels we have stayed in. Immaculately clean public areas and rooms this hotel is light and airy with windows on the corridors which flood them with natural light. The welcome was friendly and we were checked in within minutes. The room was spotless with modern, comfortable furnishings and comfy beds. A walk in shower rather than a shower over the bath was a bonus as my travelling companion is a bit unsteady on his feet? Controllable air conditioning meant we could have the room nice and cool. Breakfast this morning was delicious, sausages, beans, scrambled eggs, toast, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts and pastries on offer as well as all the usual drinks. The chef was out of the kitchen every few minutes making sure supplies were well topped up. Have to say we were completely impressed by this hotel and for the price we paid for the room it was a complete bargain. Well done to everyone and thank you so much

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank debsnbob
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

The Team and I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the hotel and the fantastic review you have written.

To be compared as better than some four star hotels is an honour, and it makes us proud as a team.

I do hope we get the pleasure of inviting you back to our hotel soon, and if there is anything further we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team who will be happy to help.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a fairly newly build hotel in a new residential area. When we visited it had new built homes and developments adjacent but I would still suggestion it was rural as there was still plenty of greenery and space.

There was ample parking and a Aldi directly opposite which I thought handy especially as I had young children with me.

The hotel itself was fresh, bright and also very clean.

Upon arrival we were greeted by David, who couldn't help having another fork full of his diner before he came from the back office to the reception desk. Still he was very pleasant, took my details before giving me my room key.

The room was nice and spacious, the bed was comfortable and there was a choice of soft to firm pillows on the bed. the bathroom was also a good size although it was a shame their wasnt a heated towel rail nor when the bathroom steamed was the mirror anti fogging, but I guess it is only 3 stars.

Breakfast was excellent. Lots of choice. The kids loved it. The only problem was the lack of staff. On the Saturday morning there was only one waitress and on the Sundays before checkout there was only two members of staff but a lot more guests and so tables were shared by guests, people had to wait for tables to be cleared until the receptionist had to come and lend a hand.

Over all the staff were very nice. We did have to pick up an iron and ironing board from reception as we were told it's policy that this is not brought up to the rooms.... but again every menber of staff were very plesent and friendly.

With the building being new there were no complaints there.
When booking we got a deal online. This was actually a secret hotel so it was value for money. i went with my wife and 2 children one of which is under 1 year. There isnt much to keep them entertained but I would stay there again and would highly recommend the hotel also.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North and for taking the time to complete this review.

I am delighted that you and your family found our rooms accommodating and our breakfast quality and choices a high standard.

Your comments are highly valued and areas of concern will be highlighted with the relevant team members.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for long weekend coach trip,very clean has had a recent referb.staff very friendly and helpful,and unlike other trips we were allowed to eat in the main restaurant rather than a back room.Massive bed and shower.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor,very quiet,two lifts.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive review regarding your recent coach trip to the hotel.

I am delighted that your interactions with our staff members were favourable, and that your enjoyed having the use of our Great Room for meals.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for just a random night with the boyfriend. It is a lovely hotel, with friendly staff.
The room was spotlessly clean and a comfy bed. They even give you a choice of 'firm' or 'soft' pillows!!
The room was really warm when we got in but put the air conditioning on easily enough and it kept us cool all night.
There was no noise from outside or other people staying in the rooms around us.
It's the perfect location for a stroll around the lake in the sunset or for a lovely meal and drinks at the Bluebell pub just down the road.
Would definitely stay again, thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete such a fantastic review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North.

Myself and the team were extremely pleased to read of your satisfaction, such positive comments mean a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming the both of you back to the hotel soon.