All reviewsaldi supermarketbeansstayed herefree wifimarstons pubhot itemshousing estatepub next doorhot foodrooms are largesofa bedgood sizeon arrivalair conditioningexcellent valueyogurtmodern hotel
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a fairly newly build hotel in a new residential area. When we visited it had new built homes and developments adjacent but I would still suggestion it was rural as there was still plenty of greenery and space.

There was ample parking and a Aldi directly opposite which I thought handy especially as I had young children with me.

The hotel itself was fresh, bright and also very clean.

Upon arrival we were greeted by David, who couldn't help having another fork full of his diner before he came from the back office to the reception desk. Still he was very pleasant, took my details before giving me my room key.

The room was nice and spacious, the bed was comfortable and there was a choice of soft to firm pillows on the bed. the bathroom was also a good size although it was a shame their wasnt a heated towel rail nor when the bathroom steamed was the mirror anti fogging, but I guess it is only 3 stars.

Breakfast was excellent. Lots of choice. The kids loved it. The only problem was the lack of staff. On the Saturday morning there was only one waitress and on the Sundays before checkout there was only two members of staff but a lot more guests and so tables were shared by guests, people had to wait for tables to be cleared until the receptionist had to come and lend a hand.

Over all the staff were very nice. We did have to pick up an iron and ironing board from reception as we were told it's policy that this is not brought up to the rooms.... but again every menber of staff were very plesent and friendly.

With the building being new there were no complaints there.
When booking we got a deal online. This was actually a secret hotel so it was value for money. i went with my wife and 2 children one of which is under 1 year. There isnt much to keep them entertained but I would stay there again and would highly recommend the hotel also.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North and for taking the time to complete this review.

I am delighted that you and your family found our rooms accommodating and our breakfast quality and choices a high standard.

Your comments are highly valued and areas of concern will be highlighted with the relevant team members.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for long weekend coach trip,very clean has had a recent referb.staff very friendly and helpful,and unlike other trips we were allowed to eat in the main restaurant rather than a back room.Massive bed and shower.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor,very quiet,two lifts.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive review regarding your recent coach trip to the hotel.

I am delighted that your interactions with our staff members were favourable, and that your enjoyed having the use of our Great Room for meals.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for just a random night with the boyfriend. It is a lovely hotel, with friendly staff.
The room was spotlessly clean and a comfy bed. They even give you a choice of 'firm' or 'soft' pillows!!
The room was really warm when we got in but put the air conditioning on easily enough and it kept us cool all night.
There was no noise from outside or other people staying in the rooms around us.
It's the perfect location for a stroll around the lake in the sunset or for a lovely meal and drinks at the Bluebell pub just down the road.
Would definitely stay again, thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete such a fantastic review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North.

Myself and the team were extremely pleased to read of your satisfaction, such positive comments mean a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming the both of you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel situated beside an Aldi supermarket. Free car parking. Check in was quick and efficient. Hotel has a nice new and fresh look to it. Pleasantly surprised by standard of bedroom. Big comfortable bed, flat screen tv and plenty of space in the room. Free tea and coffee in room. Bathroom has a huge standing shower with great shower head on it. The only negative comment I have is the doors on the room and bathroom are very loud banging when closing, and you can easily hear doors closing out on the corridor from within your own room. Free breakfast was sufficient and somewhat tasty.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here overnight on a business trip and found the hotel to be of a pretty high standard.
Everything seemed simple and straight forward, check-in requiring a simple confirmation of details, handed a key card and directed to my room.
The rooms are all very well done out, spotlessly clean, typical neutral coloured hotel style with bedside tables & lamps, tea/coffee making facilities, flat screen TV with free-view channels, hand soap and body wash provided in the bathroom. The beds were really comfortable with nice plump pillows and duvet covers. There is also adjustable heating/air con in each room so you can set the temperature to the perfect level as well as free wifi throughout the entire hotel.
The bar and restaurant area were very clean and smart, providing a large range of alcoholic, non-alcoholic drinks, all be it at slightly inflated prices as you would expect from a hotel bar.
The restaurant menu selection was a little limited with only a few starters, main courses and desserts to choose from.
The pub situated next to the hotel apparently is the best (and cheaper) place to eat and drink but as my company had paid for the meal I had to eat at the hotel.
The food however was pretty good quality and reasonable sized portions.
A busy main road runs beside the hotel, so depending on what side your room is will depend on what noise you hear. That said I was on the road side and the traffic noise was minimal - I had a fantastic nights sleep.
The complimentary self service buffet breakfast in the morning was excellent, with everything from cereals, toast, croissants, fruit, yoghurt, fruit juice, tea & coffee etc. There is also hot food which consisted of scrambled eggs, sausages & beans. So if your expecting a full English you will be a little disappointed, but the food was superb and plentiful - more than enough to gear you up for a hard days work in a board room.
I found all the staff to be polite, professional and friendly at all times and willing to help whenever possible.
Its clear that the hotel is more geared towards business travellers, especially given the location near to a large business park and the facilities the hotel provides, but that is by no means a bad thing if you are visiting the area for pleasure. The pub next door offers a less formal drinking/dining experience, the free wifi isn't just a benefit to business travellers alone and with breakfast included in the room price I would just as happily stay here for pleasure.

Room Tip: If you are very sensitive to noise, request a room away from the road as they will be much quieter - but the noise is very minimal in any case.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business