All reviewsaldi supermarketbeansstayed herefree wifimarstons pubhot itemshousing estatepub next doorhot foodrooms are largesofa bedgood sizeon arrivalair conditioningexcellent valueyogurtmodern hotel
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel situated beside an Aldi supermarket. Free car parking. Check in was quick and efficient. Hotel has a nice new and fresh look to it. Pleasantly surprised by standard of bedroom. Big comfortable bed, flat screen tv and plenty of space in the room. Free tea and coffee in room. Bathroom has a huge standing shower with great shower head on it. The only negative comment I have is the doors on the room and bathroom are very loud banging when closing, and you can easily hear doors closing out on the corridor from within your own room. Free breakfast was sufficient and somewhat tasty.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here overnight on a business trip and found the hotel to be of a pretty high standard.
Everything seemed simple and straight forward, check-in requiring a simple confirmation of details, handed a key card and directed to my room.
The rooms are all very well done out, spotlessly clean, typical neutral coloured hotel style with bedside tables & lamps, tea/coffee making facilities, flat screen TV with free-view channels, hand soap and body wash provided in the bathroom. The beds were really comfortable with nice plump pillows and duvet covers. There is also adjustable heating/air con in each room so you can set the temperature to the perfect level as well as free wifi throughout the entire hotel.
The bar and restaurant area were very clean and smart, providing a large range of alcoholic, non-alcoholic drinks, all be it at slightly inflated prices as you would expect from a hotel bar.
The restaurant menu selection was a little limited with only a few starters, main courses and desserts to choose from.
The pub situated next to the hotel apparently is the best (and cheaper) place to eat and drink but as my company had paid for the meal I had to eat at the hotel.
The food however was pretty good quality and reasonable sized portions.
A busy main road runs beside the hotel, so depending on what side your room is will depend on what noise you hear. That said I was on the road side and the traffic noise was minimal - I had a fantastic nights sleep.
The complimentary self service buffet breakfast in the morning was excellent, with everything from cereals, toast, croissants, fruit, yoghurt, fruit juice, tea & coffee etc. There is also hot food which consisted of scrambled eggs, sausages & beans. So if your expecting a full English you will be a little disappointed, but the food was superb and plentiful - more than enough to gear you up for a hard days work in a board room.
I found all the staff to be polite, professional and friendly at all times and willing to help whenever possible.
Its clear that the hotel is more geared towards business travellers, especially given the location near to a large business park and the facilities the hotel provides, but that is by no means a bad thing if you are visiting the area for pleasure. The pub next door offers a less formal drinking/dining experience, the free wifi isn't just a benefit to business travellers alone and with breakfast included in the room price I would just as happily stay here for pleasure.

Room Tip: If you are very sensitive to noise, request a room away from the road as they will be much quieter - but the noise is very minimal in any case.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Staying here overnight before work tomorrow. Location is great, excellent value and very clean. Staff are courteous. Menu simple but if you want more by way of food there is an inviting pub next door
would recommend as a stop over

• Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear woodgy1971,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was very disappointed by the attitude of the staff at this hotel. I arrived hoping to find a warm welcome because I was lone female traveller but found them quite dismissive. I asked about the surrounding area , public transport, things to do. I dont know whether the staff are unaware of what happens locally or they just cant be bothered to offer this information willingly to guests. I would also avoid the food on offer, the selection poor, found better at the local supermarket next door.

Room Tip: Suggest you find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear vmax1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stay at this hotel mainly for business, but could be used for a base for holiday makers etc etc. It use to be a park in and the rooms are very large and comfortable, you get free wi-fi which is an added bonus. You can eat in or there is a chain pub a few hundred yards away which serves standard fare. My only grip is that since it has gone from a Park Inn to a Holiday Inn Express the price of drinks have rocked, you pay more for a pint here than in London!!!!! So you may want to visit the pub for drinks too!!!! Staff are very friendly and helpful, all in all a good base hotel, however, drinks are expensive!! As a footnote there is a mini gym here too

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business