All reviewsaldi supermarketbeansstayed herefree wifimarstons pubhot itemshousing estatepub next doorhot foodrooms are largesofa bedgood sizeon arrivalair conditioningexcellent valueyogurtmodern hotel
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Staying here overnight before work tomorrow. Location is great, excellent value and very clean. Staff are courteous. Menu simple but if you want more by way of food there is an inviting pub next door
would recommend as a stop over

• Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear woodgy1971,

Orlando A.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was very disappointed by the attitude of the staff at this hotel. I arrived hoping to find a warm welcome because I was lone female traveller but found them quite dismissive. I asked about the surrounding area , public transport, things to do. I dont know whether the staff are unaware of what happens locally or they just cant be bothered to offer this information willingly to guests. I would also avoid the food on offer, the selection poor, found better at the local supermarket next door.

Room Tip: Suggest you find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear vmax1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stay at this hotel mainly for business, but could be used for a base for holiday makers etc etc. It use to be a park in and the rooms are very large and comfortable, you get free wi-fi which is an added bonus. You can eat in or there is a chain pub a few hundred yards away which serves standard fare. My only grip is that since it has gone from a Park Inn to a Holiday Inn Express the price of drinks have rocked, you pay more for a pint here than in London!!!!! So you may want to visit the pub for drinks too!!!! Staff are very friendly and helpful, all in all a good base hotel, however, drinks are expensive!! As a footnote there is a mini gym here too

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was very disappointed with this hotel overall. I stopped in the hotel 1 night for a night out I was having nearby with friends. Mainly choose this hotel on price and it included a breakfast.

The reception staff were fantastic and very helpful - this is the only reason this hotel received 2 stars from me.

The bed was uncomfortable and creaked very loudly everytime I rolled over or moved. The heating was stuck on hot so I was boiling all night and the windows could not be opened. The pillows were uncomfortable.

The breakfast was dreadful, the eggs were some kind of powdery egg (not proper eggs), the only meat was sausage, there were no clean tables to sit at, the drinks glasses were like shot glasses... I could go on.

Very disappointed and will not be stopping in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Just find another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Amy1218,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see the staff was a highlight of your visit. It is unfortunate the room conditions, and breakfast choices marred your experience. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel bank hotel Easter weekend for 3nights and had a fantastic time. Hotel has just been refurbished to a high standard. As soon as we arrived in reception we were made to feel very welcome and directed to our room. When we opened the door we were extremely impressed by the decor and the warm feeling in the room. There is free Internet in the rooms and a nice plasma TV.On our first morning we headed down for breakfast and having stayed in many holiday inn express's expected the normal run of the mill selection we normally have but we were pleasantly surprise to find a well laid out hot section of food and an excellent cold buffet. This continued throughout or stay and I would recommend if you have to stay in this area for any reason you should give this hotel a try you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family