“All fashioned mountains of food, stodgy and tasteless” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Bistro

Le Bistro
Ranked #23 of 305 Restaurants in Rotherham
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Guisborough, England, United Kingdom
“All fashioned mountains of food, stodgy and tasteless”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went here to celebrate a family birthday, very capable staff, efficient and helpful, provided a high chair. This is a great place if you are starving and love your carbs, but if you want flavour and finesse, or even something a little continental then go somewhere else! Fish cakes were 90% potato, fresh pineapple tasted like it had sat in the fridge for a few days, scampi was tasteless. Main courses were huge but mostly covered in gloopy gravy granule gravy or bland white sauce. Puddings were slightly better apart from ice cream full of ice granules and microwaved dreadfull sticky toffee pudding.

1 Thank Annie B

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“sunday lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The menu is appears good for Sunday Lunch, However not arrived as stated.
Prawn Cocktail - frozen prawns and sauce average.
Roast Beef very nice and well cooked, the veg - cant really go wrong carrots and roast potatoes.
Pork very nice. forget to put the apple fritter which was on the menu but not on the plate. the alleged apricot stuffing was like eating something not very nice at all but will not put what I really thought ( yuk). but why oh why can't chef's cook Yorkshire Pudds anymore.. the frozen ones just not good enough .. please please learn how to cook them.
Pudding menu was like something from the 70's .. ok if you enjoy sticky supermarket pudds with powder mix custard.
All round experience was ok ..food hot... but very average.
Have been to this restaurant evening about a year ago and was good then...but unfortunately not the case today.

Roterham
“Lovely Birthday Mail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Six of us went on 26th Sept for a birthday meal. We ate from the £17.95 set menu but it had plenty of choices. Service was good and we didn't have to wait long between courses which all arrived together and were piping hot. I would recommend this for a mid week meal out to any one

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, fantastic place, fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to le bistro at the weekend as I have always wanted to go but never had the chance. We booked in for 6 and arrived just before. The waiter was very welcoming and friendly, sat us at our place and tended to our every need. It was friday night so it was the £23 menu and it was 4 courses. My gosh the food was superb all home cooked and fresh. The waiters were fab getting us drinks and our meals. The manager was there taking part too and she was also lovely. It was worth every penny and more. I've never been to such a lovely place, it felt like we were on a 5 star holiday. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone. :)

South Mimms, United Kingdom
“Wow. Best Meal EVER!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were driving to York and had stopped at Wentworth to look at the village never expecting to find this gem of a restaurant. They closed at 14.00 and we arrived at 14.20 but they still served us. Not many places do that.
There was a great menu to choose from and I chose the Loin of pork with a sauce to die for. My husband had steak pie and I could have easily eaten his as well. There was a choice of chips or new boiled potatoes. The chips were the best I had had in a long time. There was a dish of 3 different veg each.
There wasn't any fat at all on my pork loin. I am very very fussy and cut off fat that most people would need a magnifying glass to see. I was so full after this that I couldn't even look at the dessert menu. Very unusual for me. This place is FANTASTIC.

So if you are driving up the M1 make a little detour and stop at Wentworth for a meal in Le Bistro. You certainly won't regret it.