“Sunday Christmas Lunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

A party of 10 of us today. Very good service ... good atmosphere...excellent food and extensive menu. Good value at £16.95 for 3 courses. We all had varied choices and everyone enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Been to Le Bistro a few times, and today has been good. I agree with one of the comments about service needing improvement. Again, today was much better than the last time we went.

1  Thank gladysm
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great food but service needs work

We were in a group of 10 and we were all served each course in a timely manner.... This is one of my pet hates if half the group are left waiting for their meals so well done to them on this point.

The food was lovely but very traditional with limited choices as the menu is a set 4 course package.

The younger serving staff were fantastic and interacted with their customers, however the lady taking the orders could learn something from these guys as the lack of interaction was obvious it seemed like we were an unwelcome annoyance to her.

This is a very small restaurant and not ideal for large parties but they did their best to accommodate us, comfier seating would also be welcomed as the chairs are rather uncomfortable.

Despite a couple of work ons my overall experience was a good one and I would return

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Three of us visited this restaurant for an evening meal on a tuesday when the 3 course evening meal is £15.95. The menu is similar on other nights but it costs more. The restaurant was busy and a bit overcrowded but the atmosphere was good and the service quick even though there was a large birthday party in. The staff were friendly and attentive.
Two of us had the black pudding starter which was excellent. For entree we had venison pie, ham hock and lamb shank, all of which were plentiful and delicious. There was also a good choice of dessert. The bill for the three of us with two drinks each was £60 which we thought was good value. The restaurant also opens at lunchtime when you can have one, two or three courses. It's advisable to book for an evening meal.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been to le bistro several times, I love the food so much that I had my wedding meal there in 2009, to this day my wedding guests still talk about the meal, they loved it. The best part for me was the fact that there was no set wedding menu, we Infact were given a full dinner menu and each guest had whatever they wanted, they managed it all perfectly and we filled the restaurant with 68 diners. The portions are huge and the food all home cooked. I cannot fault the food at all! The staff made sure our wedding day ran smoothly and without a hitch. Excellent service. The only negative I have is the decor, yes the chairs are uncomfortable and not really suitable for sitting in whilst dining. And it could do with a little spruce, but the food quality cancels out the decor for sure! Highly recommend it.