“Best restaurant in Rotherham”
Review of Il Bacio - CLOSED

Il Bacio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great little restaurant offering excellent food at good prices. Staff, especially Mimo (who plays a mean guitar!) are very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on Thursday, we had purchased a groupon deal as a way to try the restaurant as it's local to us, yet we had not been before.

We selected to order starters and desserts as well as the steak and chips meal.

All of the food was lovely, and very well presented. The staff were friendly, and all in all we had a good night.

We will definitely visit again!

2  Thank Dawn1405
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I bought a steak meal and wine deal for £19 on Groupon for our 1st anniversary.. Until this we hadn't heard or even looked at Il Bacio before, my wife had eaten bang next door at Dynasty Chinese before and didn't even realise it was there which probably doesn't do it any favours being next to a well established chinese and lack of Advertising. I'm not sure how busy this place is? But with it having to advertise on groupon (twice within a couple of months) tells me it's not. But our experience this evening was faultless..We booked for 6pm the 20th Oct and on entering we were a bit worried that we were the only ones in there! but we were made to feel welcome and the soft music eased us into it nicely. We ordered a starter, my wife ordered the Buffalo Mozzarela with parma ham and I had the Funghi Bacio and must say both starters were absolutely gorgeous.( Done to perfection). I ordered a well done steak and my wife a medium and both came as asked for..We really can't fault anything about il bacio and want people to realise there's a little gem here that's not getting the recognition it deserves..We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank jaydablade
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Booked this Italian through Groupon and visited with my two daughters and grandaughter for my wifes birthday last night. Started off badly when the owner complained that we had not booked for 5 and they didnt have any high chairs so couldnt cater for my grandaughter who is three and a half we said she didnt use an high chair and would sit at the table.
Starters were ok spicy king prawns, goats cheese and meatballs and mains were average lamb, sea food linguine and pizza however my wifes chicken which had been described as "strips o9f chicken in a creamy garlic sauce" was dry as a bone, we sent it back and it came back even drier. The Groupon voucher entitled us to 4 starters to the value of £5.95 and 4 mains to the value of £15.95 but with the childs meal and drinks the bill came to £28.00 which on production of my debit card to pay was told that because it was such a small amount of money "£28.00" I would have to pay a £2.00 surcharge which I refused. This was the final straw in what had been a poor evening, poor service, average food and finally an attempt to con me out of some extra cash. Before we visited Il Bacio we didnt anyone who had been there, we now know why.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

29/9/13 Sunday evening, quiet but pleasant arrival @ Ill Bacio's, greeted by Mimmo the owner who looked after us throughout, very friendly.very attentive & well presented.
We had a nice bottle of White house wine not too fruity pleasant to drink, we had starters mussels in tomato sauce,Funghi bacio (cheese,bacon,mushrooms in cream sauce) served with a large garlic bread these were tasty and enjoyed by all. The main course was the groupon steak deal which was Sirloin steak ,chips,tomato, mushrooms ,there was a blue steak a medium rare and 2 well done and we all commented on how well the steaks were cooked, perfection. Mimmo brought an extra large bowl of chips for free which went down well between us, we ordered sweets ,tiramisu which came as a double helping compliments of Mimmo, 2 ordered the apple tart & cream both comented it was one of the best apple tarts they had tasted in years.We finished with coffee's and left feeling full and contented. Thanks Mimmo