“Food to shout about.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

As someone visiting the area its always difficult to find somewhere which does quality food at a reasonable price. But with Vasco we found both plus also some of the best and friendliest staff you could know. We tried the soup for starter which was an extremely tasty roasted root veg. Mains were the shoulder of lamb and the duck breast. Both extremely tasty the only slight criticism would be could be slightly hotter including the plates.
We would definitely visit again when coming back to the area.

1  Thank Msnicklin

Reviewed April 2, 2013

we eat here last night, my wife eat off the fixed price menu and had the chicken with a wild mushroom sauce, "how did the chef get the chicken so moist" i and my friend had the fillet steak, witch my i say was cooked to perfection, the wine list is very good value, and the waiting staff are very welcoming and friendly.
to finish the night off we had the assiette of sweets, WOW,,,, sticky toffee pud, lemon tart, creme brulee, chocolate brownie,,, the list go's on... superb a very enjoyable evening.
they tell me that there's a new menu out later this week, we will be returning to try this out.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I went here on a snowy night last weekend (23 March) with 5 friends for a birthday celebration and had an amazing night. The service was excellent and constantly cheerful, the owner (I assume) was a real character and welcoming and to top it all the food and wine were top drawer. I had scallops to start and they were amazing well cooked and the venison was fab. I would wholly recommend this restaurant to others and if I am back in he area again soon I will pay another visit.
Thanks.
Steve
Stratford upon Avon

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We made an effort to return to Vasco as we had good memories from when we were last in the area....and we were not disappointed. Seared scallops, locally-sourced venison beautifully presented and attractive desserts plus a good-value wine list left us well-pleased. The proprietor offers a friendly welcome and the service was excellent but above all the kitchen team show real class. We had reserved well in advance and received a confirmatory call on the day which was both polite and helpful.

1  Thank PaulJanet
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The place is very intimate and good for any occasion. The staff are friendly and helpful and you can tell they really care about service. The food is very good and I thought very good value. Overall a good place to eat out