“Good food Nice surroundings”
Review of Vasco Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Vasco Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
United Kingdom
“Good food Nice surroundings”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Visited here for a family get together,the third visit this year. The food and service as always was excellent. The menu is limited but the quality of the food makes up for it. Would reccomend for any special occasions.

• Visited November 2011

“Quality food prepared, cooked and served excellently!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Excellent quality produce, prepared well, cooked to perfection and served well. The manager seems quite a character too, came and had a chat, even told us we were ordering too much (had to squeeze last few homemade chips in to prove him wrong!).
This is quite an expensive meal, but worth saving for special occasions and worth every penny!

sheffield
“Lovely Christmas meal”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Really relaxing chilled out Christmas Lunch, Food was most enjoyable, this was our Third Christmas visit.

• Visited December 2011
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Excellent Service, Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

First visit after being recommended by a colleague for a night out. Was not aware this Restaurant/Bar existed and not what was expected given the location. Had a drink in the downstairs bar before moving to upstairs restaurant. Food was very good and inexpensive, service was excellent overseen by the owner who recognised it was our first time and came over for a chat. Only downside, was a bit noisy in the downstairs bar afterwards (as was a Friday night) however, I would certainly eat at this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2011
“Pleasantly suprised but service could have been quicker...”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We visited vasco's for an evening meal. I wasnt all that bothered about going but my wife was adamant that we were, she always, always gets her own way so I had to agree to go if only to save a potential constant nagging !

The welcome inside the restaurant was very pleasant and we were shown to our table. The table was (in my opinion) over stocked with glasses ! there were 6 in total.... all clean and ready to use but, why have a selection of glasses on the table ? I didnt get it. I had to ask for some to be removed as the table felt cluttered.

We ordered our food, scallops for starters and fillet steak for main. We were waiting about an hour for the starter to arrive which I found to be too long, we were just about to ask where our food was when it arrived....

I have to say.... The food here is excellent, the scallops were cooked perfectly and were very tasty. The fillet steak was one of the best steaks I have had in years ! I pointed out to my wife that we were not provided with steak knives..... we didnt need them. The steak was so tender it melted in the mouth! The quality of the food more than made up for the disapointing wait.

We WILL be visiting Vasco's restaurant again and I recommend you do too......

• Visited November 2011