“Excellent.”

Fairways
Ranked #4 of 5 Rotherham B&B and Inns
“Excellent.”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is my second stay here at the Fairways. Got to say again great staff, food and the rooms are just as it says on the website. Would definitely recommend a stay if you are in the area. Big thanks to the manager Clare and the staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 47love

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Maryport, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

NICE PLACE SHAME ABOUT THE MUSIC!!
Stayed here on a weekend away with the family and despite the rooms being first class with a lovely bar/restaurant downstairs, the rooms ARE NOT soundproofed, as other people have said, the noise in the rooms isn't just a bit of background noise, it's full on and you might as well set your bed up in the bar!
It's actually true, the headboard does vibrate with the base and when I went down to speak to he manager I was curtly told that it says on the website that they have music on Friday and Saturday nights. No arguments there as it does say that, what it doesn't say is that you can hear the music in your room as clear as you can downstairs, When I asked the manager to come upstairs to listen to how loud it was she said she didn't need to as she already knew!
I also said to the manager that I wasn't happy about paying she just shrugged her shoulders and said she would take it off the card that had been used to reserve the room! NICE ATTITUDE, you have been warned, if coming a with kids on a weekend, book somewhere which is family friendly!
My negative review is only because of the noise and managers attitude, everything else about the place is very good including the restauant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paul w

Travelers are raving about these Rotherham hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok so it's a room above a pub, I expected music, but to actually have the headboard in the room vibrate. A constant heavy bass for over 4 hours, is unacceptable. I had been at work at a convention since 5am and wanted to come back watch some tv and sleep, not a chance! I had to get dressed at 11.30pm and go downstairs and ask to speak to management, where I was told "its Saturday night" yes I am fully aware what day it is but I can feel the floor vibrate with bass, my headboard is moving with the sound. Yes late rooms.com states music will be played at weekends but this is a full sound system that blasts out constant bass music for hours and hours.

When requested to just lower the volume a bit management just said I couldn't possibly lower it. It was so loud downstairs the manager could hardly hear me. I would not stay here again if you offered me it for a free weekend. Just don't bother overpriced anyway.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Hayley C
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Checked in Friday night, room is lovely, small breakfast provided, everywhere clean, really thought we had chosen a great hotel until later that night the music started and it was stupidly loud until past 12pm. Website states "music played Fri and Sat nights until 12" it was on until after 12 and it's not just music it's very loud music! Saturday night even worse! Can't sleep it's so loud! My friend went down to complain and basically the member of staff was unhelpful and just said "it's on the site". Yes it's on the site but there is a huge difference between music playing in a pub and very loud music playing in a pub. This isn't just a juke box were talking about its a DJ with a very loud sound system. How convenient this isn't mentioned on the site!
Other than this it would be a great place to stay but this has ruined it for us and we would definitely not return.
Massive let down for what would otherwise be a great place to stay!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenny B
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

What seemed to be a nice hotel soon turned into a [--] hole! There was either red lipstick or blood on the bed sheet, some staff was very helpful, others seemed too rushed and no time to help, one was aggressive! I will not be stopping here again, far better options in the area and cheaper.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank strawpup
burgos
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed for one night and found the room to be very clean and comfortable with everything you would need including an iron and board! Very handy for shirts when you're travelling. The bar downstairs is also very handy for something to eat and drink. I thought it was good value for money and I'll go back when I'm next in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gramareste
Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked a room here as we had a friends Wedding to attend. When we booked the room, we asked if it was possible for an early check in as we were driving up from Somerset on the day. The lady told my Husband that they would do their best to clean our room first so we could start getting ready. On arrival at 11.45am (although it doesn't actually open until 12pm) we were greeted by a lovely friendly lady ( I think she was the same lady that took our telephone booking) and showed to our room. We were very impressed with the size, cleanliness and at how modern the bathroom was. The bed was SUPER comfy and the pillows nice and big and fluffy!
The staff were extremely friendly, talkative and interested in our stay.
Unfortunately we had a few car troubles the next morning which delayed our departure from the Fairways but again the staff were so lovely and concerned which made us feel relaxed and didn't make us feel like we were being 'a pain'!
If we go to Rotherham again, we would definitely stay here. An absolute bargain for the quality and service. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NW280185
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Mercure Sheffield Parkway
Carlton Park Hotel
Carlton Park Hotel
#8 of 15 in Rotherham
No photo provided

Been to Fairways? Share your experiences!