“Just what i needed”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Just what i needed”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Sorry for the delay in writing this,thank's to the host's for putting me up,having moved out of the area i need somewhere to stay when going to see friend's this hotel suit's my need's perfectly wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other people.Once again thank's Yvonne and Ian.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have just come back from my 2 day business stay here. Its okay for what i needed, cheap and ideal location for where i was working. Staff was very nice and helpful.
However... I would never take my girlfriend to this place for a overnight stay as the room had no shower/toliet, carpet was wet and all the hallways, and i mean all of them smelt like urine.
Very old looking run down place. Shabby and i think rating it 3 stars/average is over generious.
And looking at some of the other reviews i agree with, locals are alcoholics and druggies. I didnt feel safe leaving my car in the back of the hotel open car park, which is not really a car park, its a passage way to other businesses!! But i cant fault the staffs efforts, very helpful!

Room Tip: First floor is horrible, all night long music from the bar, full of not hotel guests/local alcoholic...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cory H
sheffield
Reviewed November 11, 2011

excellent hotel very lovely land lady with friendly atmosphere went with the lad great atmosphere with very aesthetically pleasing rooms with karaoke which was very enjoyable all the room were very clean and tidy have no complaints at all . me and the lads had a right laugh in this hotel it is fantastic with local nightclubs within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank blake b
Sheffield
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Really friendly owners , helped me out as i needed access to a printer So I could print some work off. Indian restraunt next door which happens to be my favourite food and all in all an enjoyable stay and a good astmosphere

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Groupe of 10 people traveled up in a mini bus. After 4.5 hours traveling we arrive quite late to the hotel we were greeted as we pulled up as we had rung earlier to let them know.
Went straight into our rooms. One room for 6 and one for 4 must say was really impressed with them very happy with the room no complaint at all would stay there again thank u very much.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Icetime39
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2011

my boy friend and i have been staying at the prince of wales on and off for the past 12 months , we have become friends with the locals who drink in there , ian and yvonne are brillient owners , all the rooms we have stayed in are always clean and tidy , never had any problems at all . we will be staying there for months to come , would not look at another hotel , ms shaw and partner

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gillshaw45
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I am a contracotr working in Sheffield and have been staying at the Prince of Wales for a number of years now.   I can honestly say that there are no more welcoming people than Ian and Yvonne.
The accomodation is of a good standard, the service excellent, the food good value homecooked fayre and the atmosphere pleasant.
Currently I have been staying at the Prince of Walessince mid-January and use the bar every night. I have no recollection of events described below and assert that it would be most out of character for Yvone had it done so.
I enjoy staying at the Prince of Wales; my colleagues and I shall continue staying here whenever we are in the area.
many thanks Yvonne, Ian and Chris.

• Stayed March 2011