“fantastic place to stay”
Review of Prince Of Wales

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Prince Of Wales
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Manchester, United Kingdom
“fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

my boy friend and i have been staying at the prince of wales on and off for the past 12 months , we have become friends with the locals who drink in there , ian and yvonne are brillient owners , all the rooms we have stayed in are always clean and tidy , never had any problems at all . we will be staying there for months to come , would not look at another hotel , ms shaw and partner

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gillshaw45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I am a contracotr working in Sheffield and have been staying at the Prince of Wales for a number of years now.   I can honestly say that there are no more welcoming people than Ian and Yvonne.
The accomodation is of a good standard, the service excellent, the food good value homecooked fayre and the atmosphere pleasant.
Currently I have been staying at the Prince of Walessince mid-January and use the bar every night. I have no recollection of events described below and assert that it would be most out of character for Yvone had it done so.
I enjoy staying at the Prince of Wales; my colleagues and I shall continue staying here whenever we are in the area.
many thanks Yvonne, Ian and Chris.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Becca2467
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2011

we had our babys christening at this hotel & the owners could not do enough for us to make the day special every one commented on the day how good it was defo book a party there again we also stayed at the hotel the room was clean & tidy with snsuite thank you again. DICKO & FAMILY

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
North East
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I only stayed here for one night and was alarmed at the rough locality. The room had flaking wallpaper,smelt very musty and the shower/bathroom had so much mould I was reluctant to use it. Maybe the hotel has seen better days judging by the previous reviews but I will be one customer who will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank MisscakeNorthEast
YvonneWilson, Owner at Prince Of Wales, responded to this review, February 12, 2011
We are sorry that the room in which you stayed was not to your taste. We are a small, family run hotel and aim to offer characterful rooms rather than the generic setup offered by the large chains.
The room in which you stayed is one of our most popular and is a favourite of our returning guests.
We have a diverse client base both who come into the public bar and hotel residents; this is one of the most attractive aspects of the Prince of Wales, we welcome everybody with open arms and aim to make everybody feel welcome and work hard to ensure that everybody enjoys their time with us; whether that be for half an hour or a month. I would say that the locals are very friendly and many hotel guests make friends with some of our regular customers and come back time and time again to see them.
I think it most unfair the way in which you refer to the residents of the local area.
We do not pretend to be luxury accomodation; we aim to provide comfortable, and relaxing accomodation with friendly, polite and welcoming service.
I believe that in future you would be more suited to 5* accomodation, which I am afraid we are unable to provide at the Prince of Wales.
Once again I extend an apology to you for your not enjoying your stay with us.
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Prince of Wales over Christmas and had the most wonderful time. Having firstly travelled to Rotherham to visit family we ended up spending more time in the hotel than at our relatives.
Yvonne and Ian made us feel very welcome - nothing was too much trouble for them.
The evening entertainment was excellent - Karaoke and Disco and the meal that we had on Christmas day was nothing short of excellent both in quality and value for money (£12.99 for 3 courses and a bottle of bubbly - WOW!!).
The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hotel is close to all local amenities.
It really is the outstanding level of personalised customer service that we received that, in our eyes, really sets this hotel apart from those in which we have stayed before and what you just do not get in the big chain hotels.
Would highly recommend staying at this hotel to any body planning on visiting Rotherham. Thank you Yvonne and Ian.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Excellent value hotel which I would definitely use again if I'm ever on business in the area in future. Yvonne and Ian were really friendly hosts, and always went out of their way to make my stay a really enjoyable one. The food was excellent, the rooms really tidy and neat, it would be really hard to pick a fault with my stay there. I found other people staying there to be friendly and courteous, and had an enjoyable social evening there at the Karaoke. I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly to anyone wanting to stay in the Rotherham area at anytime, cheers Yvonne and Ian !!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Calne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2010

got there, very dubious at the burnt out car outside the hotel, proceeded to go up the stairs into the pub and found it covered in broken glass. Check in was a nightmare with the owner "Yvonne". got told she had already taken the money for one room from our card, when in fact she had taken two rooms worth. She was so cold she had her coat on herself. inside! Got given two codes which apparently gave you access to the "mausoleum" that was to be our bedrooms. Even the wallpaper didn't want to be in the room as it was peeling off the wall as if in pain! the shower was mouldy, the bed linen stained, windows cracked, rooms freezing, dingy, smelly. I could go on, needless to say we exited pretty hastily and asked for our money back. Got plenty of excuses and are now taking it further. Enter at your peril.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends