“Another fantastic birthday meal”
Review of La Piazza Italian

La Piazza Italian
Ranked #17 of 224 Restaurants in Skegness
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Beeston, England, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic birthday meal”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Friday the 25th of April we was there again for another birthday meal for my son, this is the 3rd time in 3 years and all i can say it is fantastic :)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kim E

whitwick
“magnifico!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Last night we were looking through the selection of take away menus we have with us whilst staying at Eastview, we decided that what suit us best for dinner was pizza and pasta . So we chose items from the take away menu but thrn decided to eat in at the restaurant so I telephone and checked availablity first good decision of the night. When we arrived and went into the restaurant my first thought was I had walked into the Tardis as the size of restaurant from the outside looks small but once inside you enter a large establishment. My first impression was well this must be a good place to eat as it was very busy, with the next sitting waiting to be seated. On the wall is a notice that advices you food is cooked to order . Within a few minutes we were shown to a table and left with some menus to chose from after a few minutes a waiter took our order for
drinks and food, we had appertisers that were lovely I had a tomato and bruscheto version and the others had the olive version, for our mains my partner had a chicken and bacon dish with pasta I
had a pork and fennel Italian sausage pasta dish and the " little man " had a pizza, I also had thepesto garlic bread which was like a pizza.All our meals were tasty of very good quality and in my case more than I could cope with and I have a reputation for eating a lot. The service was good
the food was brilliant the atmosphere was good, the staff were very helpful , also a big thank you to the chefs for a wonderful evening

• Visited April 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Omg”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

What a gem I have eaten food from all over the world and this is one of the best we are regular visitors to this little hidden gem

Well worth a visit booking advisable it is that good.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Samantha B
anderby creek
“Great food and good value”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We visit la piazza regularly it is the best Italian restaurant in the area. The take away menu is also great value for money. All the food us cooked fresh in the open kitchen which is visible from the seating area. Well worth a visit if your in the chapel St Leonards area.

1 Thank popasbar
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Decent food, huge portions, decent price, decent staff, I'd go again!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

On arrival I didn't think too much of the place, but being on business, on foot, and thinking you can't go wrong with Italian, I gave it a go.

I'm glad I did.

The staff, the more senior waitress especially, were friendly and chatty (but not overly so). The food was good, I had the Calzone and the portion size more than made up for the fact that the food was nothing special. I'm a bit eater and thankfully I didn't have a starter as I only just finished it. I say it was nothing special, I believe the calzone had been cooked in a miniature grill oven rather than a proper pizza oven, and the bolognese sauce could have been more flavourful, but it was about right for the <£8 it cost.

The 500ml carafe of house wine was also a great value option, and the red I had was really good. The glass had Stowells branding, which is perhaps what it was, but who knows.

Also had a desert (one scoop of ice cream and an espresso), and my bill came to something like £18, considering the amount of food and drink (could have fed and watered two if you're less of a pig than me!) I think that's great.

My only criticism would be that I was sat next to two children, despite the rest of the restaurant being empty, their parents then shouted from across the room (they were sat separately...) to them to keep it down because of me, which wasn't fair on me or the kids really. Could have been avoided by spacing us out, but it didn't impact my night much so it's no biggee.

• Visited February 2014