Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
The Eastleigh(Skegness)
$51
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

$80
$72
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

Book now, pay at stay
$56
$51
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

The Quorn Hotel(Skegness)
$80
The Bell Hotel(Skegness)
$71
Travelocity
The Links Hotel(Skegness)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
Agoda.com
Kildare Hotel(Skegness)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspenthouse suiteorangery restaurantcharity balltwo double bedsjacuzzi bathsouthview parkdisabled roomwedding partyswimming poolgood sizeon sitelovely hotelsouth viewstayed for one nightlovely roomshort breaknext year
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We have been to this hotel several times but never again. When I booked the room over the phone I had to repeat everything a dozen time because the receptionist barely understood a word of English. When we checked in the room was still dirty, food on the floor and wiped over the wall and the bathroom was filthy. There were dirty black cob webbs hanging from the cieling in several places. We asked at recetion for the room to be cleaned properly when we went for tea but returned to find it was the same. We mentioned it when we checked out only to be told it was cleaned. The breakfast is well overpriced so save yourself some money and go into Skegness.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank porsche996
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We went to this hotel for a birthday treat and I wish we hadn't wasted our money, i certainly won't be returning for the reasons outlined below.

We found that the bathroom was dirty; the shower curatin and the floor were dreadful.

We didn't get to eat in the orangery restaurant, instead we ate in a corner of the hamilton suite and were given a very limited menu. The food was of a basic 'pub grub' standard. We also felt that it was inappropriate to eat our evening meal with breakfast cereals on the side!, we ate early so it wasn't even as though we were the last ones in the restaurant!!!! The service was all wrong too; we had barely put our cutlery down when the plates were whisked off and the next course arrived!

Breakfast was a poor experience; i didn't even realise that people still served tinned tomatoes with a full english breakfast! The mushrooms were absolutley tasteless too, i suspect that these may have been tinned too and if you are a vegetarian then you just get more tomatoes and mushrooms!

We used the swimming pool; the pool was lovely but there was some loose grouting underfoot and the changing rooms were dirty.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I thought this place was lovely until the staff really got on my nerves. The rooms are a really good size and had a good tv but the bath plugs don't fit so don't even bother having a bath but the shower is good.
The food is alright but its not really worth the money for something thats put in a microwave.
I had several run ins with the staff as they didn't seem to know what they were doing. Two of the best were: firstly I was told I had to check out so not being sure what was happening I did to then later find out that as I had checked out of my room they had let it go to someone else? I tried to explain that the girl on the desk had for no reason told me I had to check out but the room had gone so I had to find somewhere else to stay. An other time there was a party in the main restaurant so I asked the lady who was serving where I could eat and she said I should have booked a table, I explained that I was staying here and that no one had mentioned this to me the night before or that morning. I did get a table in the other dining area which only had two others eating but about 10 tables set.
Breakfast is horrid unless you are a regular too.
Its such a shame as this hotel looks lovely, the rooms are lovely but the staff are rude and thick.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2010

i have visited this hotel before and was looking forward to my short stay however on this occasion i was disappointed beyond measure in fact i was actually reduced to tears by the
hostile attitude of the staff .most were inexperienced ,cold and rather unwelcoming .staff are only as good as the man at the helm and it was patently obvious to us that the hotel was
under new management (and not very good at that!) they appeared to be more focused on the revenue the country and western clientele brought in that on the rest of their customers.
we were paying good money for a penthouse suite which,i myself had to clean .i collected
a menu from the orangery which clearly stated breakfast was available til' 11am. however it
was'nt even open and all that was left at 10am. in the large dining room was barely enough to put between 2 slices of bread! we then had to endure a horrendous racket as a band struck up ear-splitting music for a large group of line-dancers. we could not hear ourselves think! when we complained to management we were told it was a c and w weekend . we asked why we had'nt been informed and no reasonable explanation was given even the cot that had been requested for my grand-daughter did'nt arrive till almost 2a.m. the heating was'nt on in our room when we arrived and room keys were de-activated for a while. reception was not manned fror 24 hours as advertised and despite telephoning the front desk for over an hour on saturday night i had no reply. we checked out early sunday without breakfast and what should have been a relaxing
weekend turned out to be an expensive mistake as a retiree i can ill afford that sort of money to be upset this was a family re-union and it was ruined by uncaring and even rude members who staff who clearly have no idea what working in the hospitality industry
is all about i did notice however,that what formerly was and is advertised as a 4 star hotel now displays at reception (at the very back of the desk) a three star rating i wonder why? how long before we see 2 stars?

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Travelled from Scotland to spend time around Skegness and the In-Laws who live in Lincolnshire.
We stayed in one of the Penthouse Suites - Room 303. It was the peaceful end of the Hotel as it isn't above the Conference Suites, which I would imagine could prodice some noise when events are on. It was blissfully quiet at night - though we stayed Mon-Fri, so not able to comment on weekend noise.
The room was very nicely furnished, clean and provided plenty space for our kids to feel more or less at home. The Suite is seperated by an archway into the open plan dining/lounge area (where the sofa bed made for a fun but hard bed for our 5 year old, he's happy camping but I wouldnt think an adult would find it terribly comfortable) and the Master bed (4-poster superking size with a 2nd TV in this area and the ensuite bathroom). It was a good set up for us.
A large bathroom included a jacuzzi style corner bath. We didnt get the chance to try it out. With 2 kids it's quick showers each morning! The shower cubicle was massive and the water pressure good and strong. There were various spraying leaks from the showerhead though, which made it a bit of an ordeal getting in without flooding the bathroom. Toiletries including travel toothbrushes were provided which was a nice touch. There's lots of drawer space so you can really unpack and make yourself at home, and a large wardrobe was usefull for storage of suitcases etc.
I've read a lot about the hospitality trays in this hotel.. this one was stocked with tea, coffee, decaff coffee and hot chococalte. No biscuits which is unusual but no big deal.
The only slight irritation at night was the power junction box above the wardrobe which 'buzzed' but this would be silenced if you took the key card out of the power slot at night - however, with kids, we kept it in to have a light on at night (bathroom light).
There is a small fridge provided in the room as well. A bottle of water was left in the fridge to welcome us, though we'd brought our own anyway.
There is a small lift which takes you to the 2nd floor but then there is still a walk along the corridor and then two more small flights of stairs up to the Penthouse - worth considering if you have any mobility issues.
The Penthouse has a small balcony area with two chairs which, in nice weather would be a great place to six and relax. The view was mostly of fields which was very pleasant.
The Hotel is very grand and sits within the larger caravan and leisure park grounds.
The whole premises were very well kept with very visible handymen/gardnerers out and about working daily.
There is a small shop, a lovely indoor pool and small arcade with a Costa coffee point on site. This is about a 10 minute walk away from the hotel (with kids/elderly reaatives in tow) but a nice wander if you dont fancy going 'out'.
We stayed with a 5 year old and a baby (10 months). We had booked a cot for the room which wasn't there on arrival. Baby was ready to nap, so we rang Reception who said it would be sent up. Still no sign after an hour, but we headed out to let baby sleep in the car and it was all set up for us when we returned.
Staff were courteous but not overly friendly. Housekeeping were very good and happy to come back later when on two days when they came, baby was napping.
Breakfast: I'd heard mixed reports and our experience was on the whole very good. On Mon-Thurs we were served a full English (Lincolnshire sausages) and a choice of eggs scrambled or fried which we varied. The breakfast was fresh, tasted good and served with toast, tea and coffee. Only on one day, for some reason, the eggs were very overcooked and dry (scrambled) so much so I didnt want my kids to eat them. However, this seemed to be a blip.
On the Friday, there was clearly a very large wedding happening on the following day and the hotel was starting to get a little busier (though still quiet) and we came for breakfast to be offered a buffet. This was a nice change and a treat on our last morning. There is also some tinned fruit and the usual breakfast cereals availabe.
We usually stay at Premier Inns and I'd rate this breakfast slightly lower due to lack of 'creative' choices such as pastries.. but that really is being picky.
We ate in the restaurant on two evenings and the food was very good and very reasonably priced. Everyone was happy with their choices; from my husband's enormous fish and chips with mushy peas, to my baby's healthy fish pie. My picky son was happy with his nuggets/fish fingers and the Grandparents were delighted (they are very fussy indeed, in the nicest sense). I highly recommend the restaurant.
There seemed a real mix of business travellers, a couple of other families, couples and even locals who came in to enjoy a comfy sofa and a coffee around the hotel.
It's obviously a very well run hotel and we would absolutely go back withouth hesitation.
Well done to the Management and all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family