“COSY, COMFORTABLE AND FRIENDLY”
Review of County Hotel

County Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Skegness
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a 4 day weekend break, and I was immediately impressed by Ross the manager welcoming his coach guests, after an unfortunate late arrival. I found the ambience and atmosphere very pleasant, especially the restaurant staff.The hotel was clean and warm, the menu very varied and the housekeeping excellent.The County Hotel, in my opinion, is iconic and a good example of Art Deco style. I will revisit this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: I suggest upper rooms, sea facing.There is less noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us recently.

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Ross and his team who I know will appreciate the feedback. Your comments certainly reflect what we strive to achieve so thank you again.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

we choose this hotel due to location for a wedding reception. found the hotel to be quite nice and staff were very nice and welcoming . very useful for the beach and town . our rooms were very nice and very clean . breakfast was very lovely . we will book again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed for three nights. this hotel has a rare style a nice art deco style. the room was good and well appointed. The food was very good served by a fast efficient staff, who were courteous and patient. The whole hotel is managed by a very lively and hard working Scottish chap called Ross. I saw him at 6am and later in the same evening he was still enthusiastic, helpful and genuinely pleased to help his guests. The whole atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at the county hotel on a B+B rate. The breakfast food was very good and the waiting staff were very good at their job.
The Manager was very friendly and made the stay enjoyable.

The Building itself is quite old and being inside it was very enjoyable as it takes you back to a world gone by.

Everything was ok apart from a few things. The mattress was worn out and me and my partner found it very uncomfortable and there was alot of road noise due to the windows needing some sealant around the cracks. Apart from this everything was spot on.

Would return here again and would recommend it to my friends / family.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank qpounder85

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is nice to get complementary comments along with the constructive comments and it was pleasing to read you had enjoyed your stay

Reviewed September 20, 2013

A recent short stay at The County was most enjoyable. The staff were very pleasant, rooms were clean and food was tasty and plentiful. Dennis the barman fetched the horseradish for our bar snacks and the larger than life manager Ross was a great example of good old fashioned British service.
There was ample parking at rear of hotel and well placed for local amenities. we loved the quirkiness of The County especially the quaint little lift. Would certainly revisit this hotel again !! Great value for money.

Room Tip: Great sea views shame about the wind farms !!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bill859
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us recently.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Ross and his team who will be pleased to read them.

Thank you once again for your custom and we certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay the rooms are comfortable and very clean ,the breakfast was very nice the service was good and the staff very polite and in a good location close to bars and shops ,there is a bar across the road where the beer and lager is not expensive ,and have turns on and things for the children

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Honeypot S

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel and your kind comments regarding our staff.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel staff especially the manager named Ross were very friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. I love Ross's enthusiasm and smile. The hotel is quite dated for the 21st century but its charming and it gives it character- loving it!
Breakfast was brilliant and the staffs where absolutely helpful and friendly and food was perfect for my family and I. Our room was big enough for the 4 of us and it was clean and the beds are very comfortable - many thanks for the chamber maids who were also friendly. Location - what can I say - close to everything, walking distance to major attractions.

Summary: Hotel with character 3 to 4 * (not 2*) charming, appealing with great character
Staff - excellent customer service!
Food - very satisfied!
Location : Excellent!
Price: excellent value for money!
Conclusion: Will be coming back next year -

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Ross and his team as I know how much these are appreciated.

We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.