County Hotel
The Eastleigh(Skegness)
TripAdvisor
Ivernia Hotel(Skegness)
Hotels.com
All reviewsmanager rossart decosea viewthe general managerthe hotel managernight portercoach tourrooms are comfortablesea frontthe hotel is cleanlovely hotelbit datednothing is too much troublefamily roomfull englishbooked this hotelsingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel staff especially the manager named Ross were very friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. I love Ross's enthusiasm and smile. The hotel is quite dated for the 21st century but its charming and it gives it character- loving it!
Breakfast was brilliant and the staffs where absolutely helpful and friendly and food was perfect for my family and I. Our room was big enough for the 4 of us and it was clean and the beds are very comfortable - many thanks for the chamber maids who were also friendly. Location - what can I say - close to everything, walking distance to major attractions.

Summary: Hotel with character 3 to 4 * (not 2*) charming, appealing with great character
Staff - excellent customer service!
Food - very satisfied!
Location : Excellent!
Price: excellent value for money!
Conclusion: Will be coming back next year -

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Ross and his team as I know how much these are appreciated.

We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife,daughter and I stayed at the County over the bank holiday weekend, it was not our first visit, but as before we enjoyed everything about this hotel.
Ross the manager is the perfect host, and treats everybody not only as a guest,but as a friend,
the staff are all very hardworking and friendly.
The rooms are clean and spacious, all with bathroom and shower.
We had booked just Bed and Breakfast, and the breakfast was nice and tasty and just set you up for the day, fruit cereal and a full English, what more could you ask for!!
If you are looking for a nice spacious clean friendly hotel in Skegness, then look no further.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barry512

Thank you for your review of your stay with us recently.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Ross and his team who will be pleased to read them.

We pride ourselves on the level of service provided and are glad that your comments are reflective of this.

Once again many thanks.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just come back from a 2 night stay in this hotel. what can i say, this hotel is lovely it is full of character and charm. The room was a good size with a full size bathroom. the only thing wrong was the shower didn't have much pressure which made it difficult. The staff were lovely and Ross who greeted us at reception made us feel so welcome. Although the hotel is dated it it gives it more appeal to stay there, if it was updated i think it would lose its charm and just be another standard hotel. Breakfast was excellent and the staff were friendly, helpful and the service was very good, not having to wait long for anything. Its only a very short walk to the middle of the sea front and just across the road from the beach. When we visit Skegness again we would love to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us recently.

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Ross and his team who I know will appreciate the feedback. Your comments certainly reflect what we strive to achieve so thank you again.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed with a private coach group at the County Hotel for one week. The manager, a big Scotsman named Ross runs the place with a booming voice. One can tell that Ross loves the County Hotel and has made it a big part of his life for a long time. He makes you feel welcome and after a while you feel like you're part of the family there. After a week's stay, I didn't want to leave because I felt so "at home."

There is a lift for those that can't carry their luggage up the stairway. After settling into our "sea view" room, I walked around and explored the hotel. You can feel it was grand when it was built in 1939. The lobby is small, but there are two large rooms on either side. One is the dining room and the other is for relaxation, entertainment, and the bar area. The hotel is of Art Deco style and upon one of the walls in the lobby, there's a newspaper article about when the hotel opened in 1939 which I enjoyed reading. On the second floor there's a large room that is used for special events and open for guests. There's a dance floor in this room.

There are 40 guest rooms. Too bad there's not more. Ross gets more room requests than he can fill as evidenced by some of the phone calls we overheard.

The rooms are adequate and cleaned daily. We were in a "sea view" room on the 3rd floor. We had a nice view and the breeze coming in the windows was nice. The only drawback is the street noise. There's a noisy establishment across the road which provides music until midnight each night. On the hot nights of summer, we had our windows open and endured the music each night of our stay. The guests on the back side complained their rooms were hot, but quiet.

Breakfast was provided. Breakfast was very plentiful with cereal and fruit along with a full cooked English breakfast.

There's parking for coaches and cars at the side and rear of the building.

It's a short walk to the tower and the shopping area and there's entertainment all around. The hotel provided entertainment nightly with different singers and one night of BINGO.

There's no place to sit outside. Smokers sat on the small wall in front of the hotel. There's plenty of seating inside though.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in Skegness. It was my first stay in the area and we used Skegness as a base to travel to other scenic villages in the area such as Lincoln, Mablethorpe and Louth. If I ever got the opportunity, I would stay once again at the County Hotel in Skegness.

Room Tip: There's street noise and music on the front if you book your rooms in the summertime and have to open the windows.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Connie M

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us recently.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night and it was a pleasure from start to finish - although I have to say that this is mainly in part to Ross, the manager. Never have I been in a hotel where you feel that he genuinley wants you to enjoy your stay - and nothing is too much trouble. His personality lights the hotel and makes you feel really welcome - not like some hotels where its almost robotic!
The hotel itself is perferctly located - however it is a little dated - but it is also very clean.
Breakfast was lovely, very organised with friendly staff.
Ross also let us leave our car after we had checked out even offering for us to pop back in for a complimentary coffee before our journey home.Lovely!
He is the perfect host and a lot of these hotel brands could do with learning a lesson from Ross - after all, people buy from people and I would quite happily stay again - and thats all down to Ross - thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karenk68
Gemma A, Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us recently.

I really was very pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Ross and his team who will be pleased to read them.