“Comfiest Bed Ever”

North Shore Hotel and Golf Club
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Skegness
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Basic room with bathroom, tea making facilities. Bed was so comfortable. really cheap. I arrived early (12 ish) and room wasn't available to enter, but they provided me with my key as I wasn't returning til late.
Excellent Value for money

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
William H, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

am delighted you had an enjoyable stay.
Hoping you will return soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had 2 night here, as a break to visit a relative. We aren't golfers, but never the less, enjoyed both the hotel, and the golfing community!. We ate in the bar, and commented on how great the food was. Good food, well cooked, at a good price. We had a late breakfast in the bar on day one, and an early breakfast in the restaurant on day two. Both were excellent. The bar staff, and the restaurant staff were friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean, bright and comfortable. The bathroom with walk in shower was also spotless. Near enough to enjoy Skegness, far enough away from the 'late night' noise, (if like us we didn't want).We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review, and have
passed your comments onto the Team.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here half a dozen times on golf weeks, back in 2001 the hotel was buzzing and the golf course tough but fair. Both have gone down hill since. My room this time was like a cell....a noisy cell due to the generator outside my window which rendered sleep difficult and impossible if I opened the window. The weather was glorious so I stewed in discomfort because reception said nothing could be done, I checked out a day early.
The course has had a few alterations over the years, some good some not, but this year the greens had several types of growth which made them play very strangely, OK for a knock a bout but not for a serious game.
Couldn't really fault the food, one iffy starter but good mains and sweets. Bar snacks are good value but the drinks extortionate.
Best Western are in the process of upgrading the place, in some areas they've gone backwards, they need to brighten it up and put A/C units in the rooms......quiet ones please!

Room Tip: Complain if you shower is useless.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donagen
William H, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

I was sorry to see we were unable to meet
your expectations relative to your room.
It is always our policy to offer an alternative,
but at this time, was unable to do so for you.
All Best Western Hotels are privately owned,
so will always differ in style and decor.
We have only received praise for the condition
of the course over the past year. The PGA are
hosting a golfing event here in August, and are
very pleased with the way the course is playing.
I hope you will return and give an opportunity
to wow you.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Called here for lunch. Lovely surroundings and welcoming polite and helpful staff. Clean and bright split level bar area with great views over the golf course. We sat in the attached conservatory but there is also an outdoor seating area. Lunch for two with coffee very reasonable at £16 and the food was delicious. Large car park and relaxed atmosphere. Will certainly visit again soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your review, and was delighted
to see you had an enjoyable lunch.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel is set in nice grounds in a quiet area of Skegness.
My room was alright, but what let it down was the cleanliness of the bathroom; it did not appear that that it had been cleaned since the previous occupants. There were various hairs round the bathroom including in the bath, which I removed myself. I informed the man at the front desk that the room wasn’t very clean and he said that he would send someone up to clean it but it looked exactly the same when I returned.
On a positive note the breakfasts were nice and I liked the fact that there was a choice of cooked breakfasts. The breakfast assistants Eliot and Jo were very hard-working and did an excellent job, especially when there was a group of diners being rude and obnoxious towards Eliot one morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DerbyshireLorna
William H, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for your response, and can only apologise for the issues you had
during your recent stay with us. I can assure you the matter has been dealt
with with the Team member concerned.
I am also pleased to see you were otherwise looked after.
Hope you will return to us again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous Sunday lunch! Could not fault one thing. Comfortable and welcoming bar area before the meal, plus enjoyed watching the golfers obviously having a good time -friendly staff - fantastic service ! 10 in our party enjoyed the afternoon and we would all recommend a visit.

Stayed: June 2014
William H, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, and will
certainly pass your comments onto the
Team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to
North Shore soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I've stopped hear a few times. In the last few years on golf trips and I have to say it is top notch, very friendly place staff and and the golf members are great, the course this year is a proper good challenge, tough, but fair, food is fantastic Resteraunt and bar snacks,BUT this years trip was spoilt by AMY the rude and over powering bar supervisor ( as she told us ) rude to staff and customers alike. Hope she's gone by next year, good work north shore be back soon

• Stayed: May 2014
William H, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for your review, and am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
I was disappointed to see you had a bad experience with one of
my staff. I will certainly look into this and immediately address
the situation.
Look forward to seeing you on your return next time.
Thank you for your continued support.