“Food was good”

The View
Ranked #2 of 27 Quick Bites in Skegness
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gluten Free menu available on our website or facebook!
Reviewed May 3, 2019

Family of 4 went for a meal here in April. Very clean place but booking is essential by the looks of it. We had chicken burgers and chips and it was very nice. The hand cut chips were absolutely spot on. Would return.

Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Pleasant surroundings. Looks out onto the beach and has a large outside seating area.Food is freshly cooked and nicely presented . Well worth a visit

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Been coming to the view since it first opened, here now for breakfast cannot fault the place and the staff are fantastic, food is great and a good choice.
I recommend this place if u have never been

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 20, 2019

What I witnessed today was probably one off he worst acts of customer service I have ever seen and to make matters even more deplorable this was against disabled lady .
She questioned the pricing matrix having been charged the same price on 2 previous transactions at the outside bar, on ordering inside after a visit to the loo was told her drink was approximately £9 and not £5.50 as charged at the outside bar.
The "so called" mangeress subsequently rushed outside and quite literally read the offendeding bar staff the riot act, this however wasnt the reason for my post , mistakes can happen in any situation IT'S HOW YOU DEAL WITH THEM.
The lady who queried the price discrepancy after her husband returned without her drink was a DISABLED person who when questioned the price difference was told by the so called mangeress that maybe she'd had too many drinks(no she had had a stroke) and thought it a necessity to have a larger gentleman stand overbearing the disabled lday
The Lady in question retutrned to her table in tears and visibly shaken and had to be comforted by nearby customers,this has to be one of the worst acts of customer service I have I ever witnessed and to make make matters worse the attempted public humiliation of a disabled person by a so called mangeress who obviously has had no training in customer satisfaction or any level of diplomacy was tantamount to disgraceful
I cannot reiterate enough that I was appalled by the total lack of compassion, understanding and good old fashion manners that I witnessed all for the sake of a bit more profit
Sadly I won't return , but please bear this In mind
Yours truly
F_D_E

4  Thank Fine_dining_experinc
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

I'm a returning customer happy last time, sadly not this time. It wasn't busy and there was plenty of staff and free tables. There was a wait for food which I don't mind if the wait is worth it. Mine came first, then my partners, then eventually my sons. By the time we all had our food mine was sadly cold. False representation on the fish and chips, it came with peas... The menu said pea puree! My seafood platter came with thousand island sauce, the menu and what I ordered said it was chilli sauce.... Thank goodness I ordered a side of chips. Although they weren't cooked through. I'm glad the sausages on my sons meal were edible for his sake. No one came to ask if all was okay, no one cleared the plates away. On payment the issues were raised to be met by, 'Yes that does need feeding back to the kitchen, £50 please'. I didn't want or expect anything off but the gesture would have been good customer service. I do however expect nice food as advertised and hopefully cooked an warm and deffinatly good customer service. I was told its a cafe we don't always check your food is okay come and complain straight away. I herd the table behind me complain a chicken meal they ordered was missing. Its a great shame. I won't return or receommend in future.

2  Thank Rebecca C