“View of mine...”

The View
Ranked #15 of 229 Restaurants in Skegness
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gluten Free menu available on our website or facebook!
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Have been a few times now, and have to say we quite like the place Just wish it was 'our' side of Butlins so we didn't have to fight with the traffic to get there! Only place I know of in the locality that sells Peroni on draught, which probably says more about it than anything else.
Food is fairly good fare, although a bit 'standard'. Nicely presented though, and good portions.
Upsides: Being able to sit out on a well sheltered (from the wind anyway) terrace, with clear views across to norfolk on a good day. Peroni on draught. Very smartly decorated inside and out.
Downsides: No 'real' ciders (unless you count Thatcher's Gold). Would be nice to get something like Roie's Pig locally, but I suppose we can't have everything! Can't take the mutt inside, so could be a bit damp and/or chilly if I just fancy a long walk and a pint! C'est la vie!
Parking can be fun!

There are newer reviews for The View

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Came in for some food and the atmosphere was horrible music is like your in nightclub. Sophisticated interior and exterior which is such a shame because was let down by the atmosphere and staff looked miserable in particular one gentleman tall with black hair maybe the boss stood at the end of the bar just watching and critising the staff he also used profanities which I thought was totally out of order and very unprofessional in a restraint environment. Safe to say it was my first visit and certainly my last.

3  Thank bigboy1245
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Not what I was expecting at all. This venue is a change from the norm in the Skegness area. Tastefully decorated with uninterrupted views of the sea (not quite sure what the fuss is about these offshore wind farms)

The menu has an extensive choice all at reasonable prices. I can heartily recommend the burgers (laced with paprika), my companions were equally impressed with their choices too.

Orders were placed at the bar and the food was served quickly and with a good level of service for a young team.

I will certainly be returning on my next visit to Skegness!

(oh and dogs welcome!)

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Lovely food..very friendly approachable staff. Very clean place to eat with a lovely outdoor area overlooking a lovely view of the beach :)

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We can only review the drinks.
The View is a lovely bar / restaurant. They have a lovely seating area, surrounded by glass and has a great view of the beach. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is very relaxing and the cakes look delicious coffee and cake £3.50. They have great sounding milkshakes. The food looks great. We would definitely visit again.