“Lots to do.”

Lost World Adventure Park Skegness
Ranked #10 of 13 Fun & Games in Skegness
More attraction details
Owner description: A fantastic place for Fun - Education - Entertainment, come and see our dinosaurs!With the UK's first indoor blacklit 3D mini golf and interactive 4D dinosaur trail!!Don't forget to say hello to Skegosaurus our lifesize park mascot!
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lots to do.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

New attraction to Skegness for 2013 and a big improvement to the facility that was there previously. Will require the purchase of a wrist band but then most things are included. Bouncy castles, 2 high slides, dinosaur attractions.

Visited June 2013
Bradly C, Owner at Lost World Adventure Park Skegness, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review the park. We're so glad that you enjoyed your day and that you found the wristband value for money.

We hope to see you at the park again, look for exciting changes in the next 12 months!

Lost World

• Polish first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Parents worst nightmare!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited here two days ago after the kids getting tempted by a van talking about escaped dinosaurs, it was only the second day of our holiday. To start with nothing is free. My youngest is 2 and this meant we both had to buy wrist bands so it was over £25 before we even saw a cheap plastic dinosaur. The whole place was very poorly manned. My two year old homed in on the giant bouncy castle which he gingerley decended on, however there is a straight vertical 30 foot rope laDder to climb which kids were falling off all over the place. Again completley unmanned. we then went on the slime slide which was a massive slide with about thirty stairs to the right of it. The assistant told me my youngest couldn't go alone so he said I had to sit him on my knee which was fine - in theory. I was wearing a vest my son was just in shorts as it was 30 degrees that day. At no point were we advised our clothing wasn't apparopriate, there is a very wide gap between the hand rail and the top of the stairs which was the first thing thayt set the alarm ringing. The attendant said only the middle four slides could be used as the outer 4 were not working! Huh? So we get in a mat which barely fit my 6 six feet in, and the handles on the mat were by my calfs as clearly only made for little feet. Me and my son went down the slide which was incredibly fast as there was some liquid on the plastic I can onlu guess is some sort of accelerant. As couldn't reach the handles I tried to cling on to my son in a choke hold position as we completley flew out of the mat and I was trying to stop him falling out of my grip and falling 20 feet on to the bottom so when we both finally landed in the bottom my son had 5 massive very deep friction wounds to his back arms and legs and myself on my upper arm where my skin was dragged across hot plastic for twenty feet. My son is screaming writhing in total agony and the attendants input was ' it happens a lot ' that's it, no first aider no cold water to just cool his skin nothing. If had not been so hysterical trying to get him to the car to a chemist I would have laid into all the idiots on duty that day but I had a burnt baby to deal with. The rest of the holiday is ruined now as he has deep open burns so no swimming sun or fun just dressings and calpol. There are several serious health and saftey issues with this place ranging from uneven floors to child sized gaps between hand rails and stairs. My son should never have been able to ride the slide in only shorts and they were more interested in the adult paying to go on than then the fact there is no safe way for a child to travel with a parent. The other thing was this slide accelerant that made it impossible to stay in a mat. Ultimately as a parent I made the decision to ride with him but assumed maybe naively it was safe. DON'T RISK YOUR KIDS!!! This place is a death trap and I fully intend to get them investigted !!

1 Thank Harryandgeorgesmum
Bradly C, Manager at Lost World Adventure Park Skegness, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
We're very unhappy to read your review and distressed that a child was injured at our park. I was at the park myself and spoke to you at the time. We did offer you an ice pack for your child and immediately took steps to slow the slide down. It was unfortunate that due to the extreme heat that day the slide had become slippery. We have since ensured that the slide is further monitored during excessively hot days.
The mats are standard for this type of slide and your child is meant to sit between your legs in the mat allowing you to hold the handles. In light of your comments we will be installing an info board showing how to use the mats.

As for the other aspects only 2 children at a time are allowed on the climbing wall and should they fall they do so onto a bouncy castle floor and not hard surface.

With our wristbands everything is free, the park can be used all day (you can leave the park and return) and is exceptionally good value for money.

All of our park is fully inspected and tested for safety. The Swamp Slide has been in Skegness for over 20 years!

We have passed your comments on to all members of staff so that they are aware of certain issues and will future ensure that such an incident does not happen.
As a parent myself I have endeavoured to make Lost World a safe environment for children with one 1 entry/exit and a place where parents and children can interact together.

I hope that this has answered your concerns and once again apologise for the incident.

Regards

Lost World
“Would certainly visit again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a fun day out for the kids! The kids loved it. The 4d dinosaur trail is amazing even I enjoyed it. I think the value of money for the wristbands is good especially if your planing of spend the full day there. The food is nice and good for the money. All staff was helpful and good with making the kids happy. Although there is a few trip hazards around the park, but iv been told thats the next thing they are sorting out! Very good day out for the younger ones, maybe need a few more attractions for the young teenagers but apart from that its good!! Deffinatly will be going again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Really bad false advertising”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were given a leaflet for this attraction while sat on the beach. we thought we would try this out as on the leaflet it said free entrance. however when arriving at the entrance the staff told us it wasn't free entrance it was in fact free up until the entrance where you then had to pay to get in. We could not believe they are allowed to advertise this on their leaflets as there is no where on these stating you have to pay!! We then turned away as we chose not to go in and they shouted us back trying to beg us to pay to play 3d mini golf.
I would not waste your time going to this attraction.

Visited June 2013
“Would not waste ur money...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I took my 2 children aged 3 and 4 and my mother who is 67 here.. my mother fell over as the ground is so uneven and it is covered up by green mats so u can not see the uneven ground underneath my daughter also fell cutting her head open, the wrist bands are a complete waste off money as they do not allow u to go on everything at all, I would deffanetly not recommend this place to anybody and will not be going again, The health and saftey aspect discusting..........