“A Great Place to Stay!”

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“A Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Absolutely lovely B&B!

Very close to the seafront (literally a minutes walk) and the main shopping area.

Jason and Angie are perfect hosts and made us feel very very welcome.

Rooms were nicely decorated and very clean and breakfast was spot on!

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend to anyone!

A lovely stay!

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very close to beach, welcoming couple, great breakfast, nice comfortable room, great for a short break, couple were very helpful with where to eat at a good price, the room was clean and modern, bathroom was small but not an issue for an overnight stay, there was not too much noise so it was easy to sleep

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just arrived home from a 4 night stay in the Mayvene. Loved it. Just what we needed, close to everything, very child-friendly. Jason and Angie very welcoming, nothing too much trouble, including 'special breakfast', which I will definitely have next time! Room great, at the front, but we had no problem with night noise from the very close attractions. Many thanks.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I chose to stay in this bed and breakfast as it looked nice from the outside, paid for a family room for my nan son daughter and nephew. Paid the fee and went to the room. Room was ok and clean. On 2 occasions the owner saw us all leave so knew how many of us was staying. NO registration form was filled out when I paid to say how many ppl were staying and my details ect.
The next morning we walked into breakfast and the owner infront of other guests started arguing with me saying she didnt know I had a baby as well. If she had filled in the registration form she would have know this and was saying for insurance reasons but surely the reg form is needed for this. I said I will pay the extra 12 pounds for my baby when leaving.
On leaving again with other guests present she began shouting at me again infront of 2 young boys and my daughter. She was nasty and in the end just walked into another room. I paid the extra supplement and wanted to make sure she did not ruin the rest of my day with the children.
The male owner came out when I was at my car and said where was the key I said I had left this in reception and if his wife had not shaken me up and upset mei would have handed this to him but was in a hurry to leave. I emptied my handbag andpushchair infront of him on the street and he realised I did not bave this.
When I returned to my car there was a note saying I have charges for loosing the room key before I turned round she was there hands on her hip and stern faced. She had my 80 year old gran emptyher handbag and me go through all the bags in my boot. The key was not there I offered to give her my address and when I went to reception she had an arrivals form for me to fill in and sign which SHOULD have been signed and accepted when I paid. I refused and she startedshouting again by this time I had had enough of her abuse and asked her to call the police she refused and went outside to where other guests were and started calling me names and saying she was going to fill the whole I was digging for myself?? I got the police number from her husband and called this when i gothome.
I was so upset and frightened as she was so nasty and rude. I was left shaking and had a long drive home.
I would never stop in this hotel again and am asking ppl to share this via facebook. I am speaking with the police again tomorrow and contacting Lincolnshire council. as no one should have to be shouted at infront of others and my family like she did to me. I cannot put in words how nasty she was, happy to take my 87.50 though!!!!!!

6 Thank Michelle F
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice tidy hotel from the outside, new owners and they were great angle and Jason very welcoming and friendly rooms very clean and tidy , full breakfast served on hot plates great. Also juice,cereal and toast and tea or coffee nothing was to much trouble ,will be using this hotel again ... Cheers

1 Thank Paul N
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Could not fault this hotel, and Angie and Jason the proprietress where so warm and welcoming. Nothing to much trouble. The rooms very clean and tidy, all en-suite too. The breakfast was excellent served on hot plates. Everything fresh and hot, came with fruit juice tea/ coffee, cereal and toast. Would use this hotel again .

birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

have just got home from a lovely weekend away, the owners of the hotel were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.The room was very clean and the food was excellent will definitely be staying there again in the future.