“A very nice stay”

and 1 more site!
Southwold Hotel
Ranked #21 of 92 Skegness B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed only over night but we will be booking for a longer stay later.. We found Roger and Alison a very nice couple and the Southwold a vey nice place to stay, We had never slept in a king size bed before and for once I got half of the bed...LOL
See you soon Rodger and Alison
From your new friends Steve and Stacey

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Booked this guest house at very short notice and feel very lucky. I couldn't check in till quite late but this was not a problem. Easy parking on their drive was a good start.
After a warm welcome used some fast wifi, I had the best night's sleep I can remember and, in the morning, after a hot shower, enjoyed a well-presented and very full English breakfast.
Roger, the owner, can't do enough for you and deserves to do well in such a competitive business.
I only have praise for this venue and if I'm working in Skegness again the Southwold will be my first port of call. If Heinekin did B & Bs they'd be like this.

Room Tip: I had No 3, which is a double, at the back of the building. Heard nothing all night!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We booked here for 2 nights and found that all our needs were met during our stay. The room was a reasonable size for a double with en-suite. It was basic but the homeliness made all the difference. The bed was also very comfortable. We did have a problem with a leak in the bathroom, however the owners fixed it immediately and they were very attentive. They even replaced the towels we used, which we thought was very nice of them. A full English breakfast was also included and it was very tasty. Will be happy to return again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerraz
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is the second year in a row myself and my fiancée have stayed for a week at the Southwold Bed & Breakfast and both stays have been fantastic. Roger and Alison always make us feel very welcome and could not do enough to ensure our stay was a pleasant one.
On our arrival Alison greeted us and we were showed to our room which was to the side of the main building, enough to make us feel like we had our own privacy but not so much that we felt forgotten about. After arriving back at the hotel the first evening we realised that the light outside the entrance to our room wasn’t working, when we reported this to Roger it was dealt with straight away. The room its self was very clean and very nicely decorated the double bed had very nice sheets on it, the bedding was of high quality and the pillows were very comfortable. There was more than enough storage space in the room for clothes and valuables and we were very happy with the overall quality. The en-suite shower was big enough for one person to shower comfortably and the water was more than warm enough, the en-suite was a nice size and was very clean.
Breakfast was fantastic, delicious, a nice size portion for myself and good quality food. The dining room is very spacious and has a nice open feel to it. During breakfast Roger and Alison chat to every guest, making jokes and giving a nice atmosphere to the dining room putting a smile on even the most tired and possibly slightly hung over guest (me). They even offer a selection of fruit and speciality teas much to the delight of both me and my fiancée.
The hospitality that Roger and Alison give is exemplary and they could do enough for us and I have seen this to be true with every guest that came through the doors while we were there. One morning we were heading to ‘Ingoldmel Market’ and Roger was kind enough to make the effort to come to our room and offer us a lift in his car as he was heading the same way. Roger was also kind enough to organise day tickets for Butlins for us and even offered us towels to take with us for the swimming pool. Both Roger and Alison were always happy to offer us advice on the best places to eat and things to do and were as happy to assist us at nine at night as they were at eight on a morning always with the same happy and hospitable attitude. While sat in the lounge reading the paper waiting for my fiancée to get ready on a morning both Roger and Alison would sit and chat and made us feel more like close friends than guests. I cannot say enough nice things about Roger and Alison and the Bed & Breakfast. If you stay here you are guaranteed to have an enjoyable stay in a very comfortable environment and will be well looked after by two very gracious hosts. We will definitely be staying again.

This is the second year in a row myself and my fiancée have stayed at the Southwold Bed & Breakfast and both stays have been fantastic. Roger and Alison always make us feel very welcome and could not do enough to ensure our stay was a pleasant one.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked my mother in law into the southwold for a family get together we arranged to go camping and with her not being the camping sort we booked her in.
unfortunately a week before we came she fell and broke her arm and was worried how she would cope. on arrival Roger and Alison the owners made a real fuss of her and nothing was too much trouble Roger even cut up her bacon for her at breakfast, its those little extras that make all the difference great people great customer service, a lovely guest house would recommend this to all my friends ideal location far enough from the hustle and bustle but also close enough to all amenities room was ideal with lovely ensuite tv etc comfy bed and fresh linen a big thank you again for looking after for us. pete ward from mansfield woodhouse

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed for one night but wish it was for longer! Lovely B&B to stay in with lovely friendly owners. The room was a nice size and was very clean, the bed was also very comfy! Breakfast tasted lovely and was very presentable. The hubby thought the wifi was excellent an very fast! The B&B is set in a good location, fish & chips n sight and a few minutes walk the lovely beach and arcades. We would definately recommend this place to friends and family and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just back from a lovely one night stay here. A lovely little B&B nicely situated very close to everything Skegness has to offer. We stayed in a double room ensuite. Room was big enough for us both with a very big double bed which was very comfortable (and i am a poor sleeper away from my own bed). Bathroom was small but consisted of a shower, basin and toilet, what else do you need? We were in the room facing the road and with it being a very hot day/night had to keep the windows open so could hear the traffic going past (which surprisingly was quite busy for a Thursday evening) this didn't bother us so much but it might if you're a light sleeper, maybe request if possible you don't get this room. However, the B&B was full the night we stayed and we didn't hear another guest at all. Also good parking but small parking area so either get there early but we managed to squeeze on the end of a line of two cars otherwise there has recently been a restricted parking on the roads surrounding this area (paying i believe).
Overall a lovely stay with a nice breakfast in the morning including cereal and then a small fry up with toast and tea/coffee orange juice. Would recommend as a couple as again great location just a few minutes walk and ideal for a night or two.

Room Tip: Preferably away from the road, but not too bad if windows are closed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple