“Food OK but not for us”
Review of Wolfies Wine Bar

Wolfies Wine Bar
Ranked #20 of 255 Restaurants in Skegness
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

We visited Wolfies recently for a family celebration. We had booked well in advance but they struggled to find us a suitable table when we arrived even though the restaurant was only a third full. We were squeezed into a booth for 6 adults - very cramped. We asked if we could have somewhere with more space but the waitress stated that they were busy? The restaurant did not get any busier for the remainder of the entire evening! I also asked if I could have a glass of Merlot - but the waitress did not know what that was - so I asked for a glass of red wine (big mistake - nastiest glass of wine I have ever had). Is this not a wine bar as well as a restaurant? Food was slow but OK. We had to go to the bar to pay the bill as no attention from the many staff who were milling around in a very empty restaurant. So I am afraid they lost out on some good money from more drinks and desserts. Waitress did eventually come and clear the table and ask us if we wanted anything else after we had paid and were about to leave. We will not be back.

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here for a couple of drinks.
Very nice bar area. Gents toilets are a little run down and don’t match the modern bar downstairs - could do with a bit of an update.

Drinks were fine and priced reasonably. We sat in the rear beer garden initially which is nice but the view is a bit lacking. We moved to the front and it was a lot nicer with good view of the clock tower and sea front.

Would definitely come back

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

We always have at least one meal here. The food is always nice and freshly cooked. Staff are friendly. The place is clean. But be warned it be quite pricy but depends on what you have.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019

Having visited here previously and really enjoyed it we decided to visit again and needless to say it will be the last visit.
Drinks pricey but was aware of this. Ordered food which to say was busy came quite quickly. Had to try 4 different sets of cutlery before getting some that didn’t have food encrusted on the handle.
Starters came, husband had potato skins with bacon which turned out to be just 2 skins greasy and tough on a bed of which I think was lettuce, I had mushrooms on toast which was a decent portion but again was greasy and only just warm. Left a nasty taste in my mouth so my husband finished them.
Our mains came and I was astounded £8.99 for 4 chicken coupons (dry) little pot of coleslaw which just seemed to be white cabbage with no cream and oven chips. My husband had sirloin steak £16.99 which was a nice piece of gristle with a bit of steak attached, chips, peas and opinion rings - best part of his meal was the £2.50 small pot of blue cheese sauce.
All the time while not enjoying our meal we got to listen to next weeks rotas being sorted very loudly then singing behind the bar by who I presume was a manager? (As she was in charge of the rotas)
All in all never again. For over £50 for two meals and two drinks each vastly over priced and we should have just gone to the chippy!

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

We visited here for the first time after seeing it a few times before on our previous trips to skeggy inside it is lovely, nicely furnished and very clean. We sat down there was about six people in already I ordered fish and chips and my partner ordered chicken fajitas ok that’s fine said the young girl and off she went.. 10 minutes later she reappeared “oh yeah d’ya want BBQ sauce or the salsa” sorted that out few more people came in 20 odd minutes go by and people are getting food who came in after us and this kept happening.. in the end after a 45 minute wait we pulled the girl up and said we’ve been waiting 45 mins and no food everyone else is on their pudding! “Oh I’ll go sort it now” then we noticed the girl being pulled up by other people and thought she seems new not fair her struggling I looked around and noticed two waitresses one behind the bar with the bar girl and the other slouched on the bar talking away.. I watched them for a while and noticed they were there to stand about and get paid they were sending the girl out to deal with complaints and orders.. an hour has gone past and we pulled a lad up who had just come on shift explained what was going on he replied “oh didn’t she tell you there was a wait on food” no because there wasn’t a wait on food when we ordered there was hardly anyone here!! When the food finally arrived it was nice but because of our experience we won’t be returning